Course News & Downloads
- Bear Mountain Golf and Country Club - Mountain Course Overview Page
- Bear Mountain Golf and Country Club - Mountain Course Scorecard
- Stellar field of PGA TOUR Champions stars set to tee off today in the Pacific Links Bear Mountain Championship on the Nicklaus-designed Mountain Course
- Pacific Links International Announces Partnership With Bear Mountain Golf Resort and Spa In Victoria, British Columbia
- Weir wins $270,000 in Telus Skins
- Camilo Villegas and Fred Couples Added to Field For 2010 Telus World Skins Game
- Ian Poulter and Retief Goosen Round Out the Field For 2010 Telus World Skins Game
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria welcomes Telus World Skins Game
- Mike Weir headlining 2010 TELUS World Skins Game
- Bear Mountain doubles its pleasure
- TELUS World Skins Game coming to Victoria and Bear Mountain Resort
- Bear Mountain adds a gentler touch
Bear Mountain Golf and Country Club - Mountain Course News
March 13, 2009
With the June opening of its Valley Course, Bear Mountain Resort becomes Canada’s first to feature 36 holes of Nicklaus Design golf
Bear Mountain Resort is putting Vancouver Island on the map as the next golf destination, with its rugged alpine setting and temperate climate. Jutting rocks, roaring rivers, majestic valleys, lush forests and distant white-capped mountain peaks provide the ideal backdrop for the first and only offering in Canada of 36 holes of Nicklaus Design golf—all within minutes of the beautiful seaside harbour of Victoria, British Columbia.
The developers at Bear Mountain Resort were the first to bring a Nicklaus Design course to Victoria. Originally introduced in 2003, the cornerstone of the Bear Mountain Resort community is the Jack and Steve Nicklaus co-designed Mountain Course, a 19-hole beauty that is the first Jack and Steve Nicklaus co-designed course on Vancouver Island. The Mountain Course is a masterpiece, offering challenging terrain and spectacular natural beauty. A par 72 playing at 7,212 yards, the course takes full advantage of its setting atop a 1,100-foot mountain, exhibiting dramatic elevation changes and awe-inspiring views. The course has been assigned a slope rating of 152 from the back Golden tees, making it one of the most inspiring courses in North America. From the Grizzly tees, the course plays 6,744 yards, the Black Tees play 6,345 yards, the Spirit tees play 5,783 yards and the Cinnamon tees play 5,014 yards.
The Valley Course debuts in June and the 18-hole, par-71 Nicklaus Design championship course will measure approximately 6807 yards. The Valley Course will play at a lower elevation than the Mountain Course and alternate between 300 and 400 feet above sea level. Coupled with the uniquely challenging course terrain and unsurpassed natural beauty, Bear Mountain Golf and Country Club assures its stature among the most sought-after golf destinations in the Americas.
“From the outset, my vision for Bear Mountain Resort centered around offering a world-class golf experience with the most notable designers behind it,” said Len Barrie, president and CEO of Bear Mountain Resort. “While our community offers the best in resort accommodations and residential living, our goal has always been to create the West’s most renowned golf destination.”