Course News & Downloads
- Jack Nicklaus Golf Club - Cap Cana Overview Page
- Jack Nicklaus Golf Club - Cap Cana Scorecard
- Eden Roc added to Cap Cana’s offerings
- Soak up the ocean at Punta Espada Golf Club in the Dominican Republic
- Cap Cana Blessed by A Masterpiece By Jack Nicklaus
- AMResorts Adds Golden Bear Lodge & Spa to Exclusive Property Lineup in Cap Cana
- Wild appeal of the Caribbean
- Cap Cana Championship is a model for success on Champions Tour
- Second Cap Cana Championship tees off this week at world-renowned Punta Espada
- Burgeoning destination of Cap Cana in Dominican Republic becomes 10th Jack Nicklaus Golf Club
- Golf Channel to broadcast inaugural Cap Cana Championship
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. Adds to Caribbean Presence With Exclusive Resort and Residential Project in Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
Jack Nicklaus Golf Club - Cap Cana News
September 13, 2006
Cap Cana unveils all 18 holes of its Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course
Punta Espada, the newly unveiled, 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, incorporates the stunning natural beauty of Cap Cana and stretches along a dramatic coastline where golfers can look out into the blue expanse of the Caribbean Sea in search of inspiration for their best level of play.
Santo Domingo, August 30, 2006- Golf enthusiasts can now take pleasure in their favorite sport amid exquisite natural beauty. All 18 holes of the Punta Espada course - part of the ultra-luxurious Cap Cana tourist and real estate development in the Dominican Republic - are now open and ready for play.
This opening announcement paves the way for the official inauguration Nov. 8 that will include the participation of Jack Nicklaus, the golf legend himself.
"With the unveiling of all 18 holes of the course we have fulfilled the promise made to our clients to offer a simply spectacular course, in which stunning cliffs, pristine beaches, lucid waterfalls and abundant vegetation combine to make Punta Espada truly a golf experience in paradise," said Sam Logan, named director of operations of Punta Espada by Troon Golf, the company responsible for constructing and managing the course.
Punta Espada, whose back nine holes opened in July, represents the first of three Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses that will be built at Cap Cana and was constructied at an estimated cost of $18 million.
Cap Cana is a luxury destination and real estate development that entailed an initial investment of about $1.5 billion for the completion of its first phase. The project covers 120 million square meters (46 square miles) of exquisite beaches, rocky coastline and unrivaled views of the Caribbean Sea.
Although the entire Punta Espada layout incorporates the beautiful natural surroundings of Cap Cana, eight of the holes have an especially privileged location in which golfers can appreciate the vast expanse of the Caribbean waters while striving to play their best game.
What many are considering the course's "signature hole" is No. 13, a spectacular 249-yard par 3 that is sure to become one of the world's most photographed holes. It requires golfers to execute a challenging tee shot over the ocean into a picturesque green surrounded by the turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
Punta Espada is the first golf course in the Dominican Republic featuring 100 percent Seashore Paspalum, the preferred grass in tropical climates because of its resistance to salt water and its vibrant green color.
The Dominican Republic holds the distinction of having more golf courses than any other country in the Caribbean. However, its stature as a premier golf destination has been raised considerably by becoming the only place in the region to have three Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses within a single development.