Course News & Downloads
- Jack Nicklaus Golf Club - Cap Cana Overview Page
- Jack Nicklaus Golf Club - Cap Cana Scorecard
- Eden Roc added to Cap Cana’s offerings
- Soak up the ocean at Punta Espada Golf Club in the Dominican Republic
- Cap Cana Blessed by A Masterpiece By Jack Nicklaus
- AMResorts Adds Golden Bear Lodge & Spa to Exclusive Property Lineup in Cap Cana
- Wild appeal of the Caribbean
- Cap Cana Championship is a model for success on Champions Tour
- Second Cap Cana Championship tees off this week at world-renowned Punta Espada
- Burgeoning destination of Cap Cana in Dominican Republic becomes 10th Jack Nicklaus Golf Club
- Golf Channel to broadcast inaugural Cap Cana Championship
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. Adds to Caribbean Presence With Exclusive Resort and Residential Project in Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
Jack Nicklaus Golf Club - Cap Cana News
March 22, 2010
Cap Cana Blessed by A Masterpiece By Jack Nicklaus
By Milo Vanderbilt
Courtesy of Luxury Living International
There are few developments in the Caribbean or the Americas, for that matter, like Cap Cana in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. If you are looking for the ultimate in Caribbean luxury this exclusive master-planned community, truly has it all. Or is about to.
Located on the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic, just a few minutes away from the Punta Cana International Airport, Cap Cana is a world class luxury resort, country club and residential community that has truly set a standard for all luxury Caribbean golf communities to follow. From its stunning beaches, marina village replete with great restaurants and boutique shops to the now infamous Punta Espada Golf Course, designed by Jack Nicklaus. Cap Cana offers homeowners one of the best experiences available in the Dominican Republic and perhaps the Caribbean.
Jack Nicklaus' Punta Espada is Cap Cana's crown jewel that golfers and non-golfers alike will appreciate. His first of three signature courses on the property blends a recipe incorporating the landscapes' natural features in its stunning layout; from the bluffs, the beach, the lagoons to the foliage which magically come together to create absolute sensory overload.
I have played many tropical ocean courses around the world including each one of Mr. Nicklaus's signature courses in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and Punta Espada is now my favorites list. And as anyone knows, there is some stiff competition in paradise. A par 72-championship course Punta Espada perfectly covers more than 7,000 yards, including eight stunning holes that play along and over turquoise Caribbean waters.
The views and long vistas are so mesmerizing they allow you to forget the lost balls and the three-putts along the way. None of that matters because the place is so awe-inspiring that you just don't care about anything but the idea of playing golf in such an ideal setting.
If you find yourself in Punta Cana or anywhere in the DR, Cap Cana and Punta Espada is a must-see and a must-play. Cap Cana has set the bar very high for Caribbean Living as well as a world-class golf destination. Punta Espada will surely stay on the Top 100 list for a long time. Congrats, once again, Mr. Nicklaus, you make playing golf in paradise an unforgettable experience once again.
You can see the beauty of Punta Espada on television 25-28th as Cap Cana hosts the Champions Tour event - the Cap Cana Championship.