Course News & Downloads
- The Concession Overview Page
- The Concession Procession: On the heels of dramatic NCAA Women’s Championship, the NCAA Division I Men’s Championships open play at Nicklaus-designed Concession GC
- 2015 NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Championships tee off today at Nicklaus-designed The Concession Golf Club in Bradenton, Fla.
- Amateur golf showcased this week in inaugural Concession Cup at Nicklaus-designed The Concession Golf Club
- The Concession by Dave Lockhart
- Jack Nicklaus and Tony Jacklin to serve as honorary captains of inaugural Concession Cup
- The Concession Golf Club a finalist for 2017 Solheim Cup
- The Concession Golf Club Announces New Head Professional
- This week's Big Ten Match Play, 2015 NCAAs set
for The Concession Golf Club
- The Concession partners on contest for Ryder Cup
- The Concession Golf Club stars during Big Ten Match Play Championship
The Concession News
April 3, 2012
The Concession partners on contest for Ryder Cup
Now through the end of August, The Concession Golf Club in Sarasota, Florida, has partnered with Golfweek.com to give away two tickets to the 2012 Ryder Cup matches at Medinah (Ill.) Country Club.
The Concession, an award-winning Jack Nicklaus Signature Course designed in association with Tony Jacklin, was inspired by Jack’s historic gesture of sportsmanship in the 1969 Ryder Cup in which he conceded a short putt to Jacklin on the 18th green that resulted in the first tie in Cup history.
Golfweek.com will post a Ryder Cup-related question each month along with a corresponding video. Contestants can test their Ryder Cup knowledge, choose the correct response from a drop-down menu and be automatically entered to win the coveted prize. Players may enter once a month to increase their odds of winning.
Additional prizes include a round of golf with Jacklin, the two-time major champion and four-time European Ryder Cup Captain; a limited-edition signed print of the original Bart Forbes oil painting, which prominently features Samuel Ryder holding the original Ryder Cup trophy at Gleneagles in Scotland; and a three-day, two-night Stay and Play package including fine dining at the award-winning Concession Bistro.