Course News & Downloads
- The Concession Overview Page
- Amateur golf showcased this week in inaugural Concession Cup at Nicklaus-designed The Concession Golf Club
- The Concession by Dave Lockhart
- Jack Nicklaus and Tony Jacklin to serve as honorary captains of inaugural Concession Cup
- The Concession Golf Club a finalist for 2017 Solheim Cup
- The Concession Golf Club Announces New Head Professional
- This week's Big Ten Match Play, 2015 NCAAs set
for The Concession Golf Club
- The Concession partners on contest for Ryder Cup
- The Concession Golf Club stars during Big Ten Match Play Championship
- The Concession Golf Club hosts clubs in Ryder Cup-inspired Concession Cup
- The Concession Golf Club in Bradenton, Florida tweaks layout
The Concession News
February 7, 2013
This week's Big Ten Match Play, 2015 NCAAs set
for The Concession Golf Club
The Concession, Bradenton, FL
The prestigious Concession Golf Club, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course designed in association with Tony Jacklin, will host this week's 2013 Big Ten Match Play Championship for the second consecutive year on February 8th and 9th. Men's golf teams from all 12 Big Ten universities will compete in the two-day tournament that kicks off the conference's spring schedule. The course is also set to continue its commitment to collegiate and match play golf as host of the 2015 NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Golf Championships. This marks the first time in the competition's history that the same course will serve as the site for both tournaments in consecutive weeks. The championships will air live on the Golf Channel.
"We are very honored to have been selected to host both the men's and women's NCAA Division I Golf Championships here at The Concession Golf Club and we look forward to welcoming the nation's top collegiate teams and golfers," said Bruce Cassidy, Jr. the club's general manager.
"Here at The Concession, we take great pride in presenting tournament-ready playing conditions for our members every day. Earlier (in 2012), the Big Ten Men's Golf Match Play Championship was held at The Concession Golf Club and we had an amazing response to the quality and conditioning of our golf course. With live coverage by the Golf Channel of both tournaments, viewers will have the opportunity to appreciate the solitary beauty of our wooded setting and the inspired routing of holes over some 520 unspoiled acres of rolling terrain punctuated by lakes and fields of bunkers."
The Concession Golf Club was founded to commemorate the extraordinary gesture of sportsmanship that Jack Nicklaus made at the 1969 Ryder Cup at Royal Birkdale, when he conceded a two-foot putt to Britain's Tony Jacklin to halve their match, which resulted in the first-ever tie in the history of the matches. The moment became known as "the concession," and it is widely regarded as one of the greatest acts of sportsmanship in history.
Jacklin provided input to Nicklaus on the design of the club that opened for play in 2006 and was voted by Golf Digest as the Best New Private Course in the U.S.