Open For Play (2007)
Trinidad, CO 81082 USA
Cougar Canyon Golf Links Online:
The par 72, 7,669 yard course winds through valleys, mesas and arroyos of Cougar Canyon, affording players breathtaking views of the Sangre de Cristo mountains, the Spanish Peaks and Fisher's Peak. The front nine, in a true links style, is as diverse as the terrain it rides, while the back nine follows a deep wash that creates amazing shot values that are unique to Colorado golf. The course truly has the feel of an old-school course, like it has been here for a hundred years.
Cougar Canyon features unique black sand bunkers that are a tribute to Trinidad's rich mining heritage. With fewer than 40 bunkers, players of all skill levels will enjoy this minimalist course. While the fairways are generous, the greens large and the number of forced carries low, the course's tee boxes culminate in a challenging but enjoyable experience. The golfer will always remember the 16th hole, a captivating island green that will generate excitement for all players.
The "Best Course You Can Play in Colorado" - Golfweek Magazine
Latest Course News
- Cougar Canyon Golf Links Overview Page
- Cougar Canyon Golf Links Scorecard
- Cougar Canyon Golf Links in Trinidad, Colorado: Retro Nicklaus golf with an Old West flair
- Golfweek Magazine Awards Cougar Canyon #5 Best New Course in the U.S.
- Cougar Canyon in Southern Colorado among four Nicklaus Design layouts in Golfweek's ranking of America's “Best New Courses 2008”
- Cougar Canyon named to GOLF's Top 10 New Courses You Can Play to extend Nicklaus Design's streak to a record 11 straight years
- Cougar Canyon Golf Resort Community building boutique hotel
- Colorado's Cougar Canyon Golf Links
Opens For Play