Course News & Downloads
- The Club at Creighton Farms Overview Page
- Jack Nicklaus’ interview on ESPN 980 live from the Creighton Farms Invitational with co-hosts Chris Cooley and Kevin Sheehan
- Two Nicklaus Design clubs in Virginia bring in top instructors
- Creighton Farms selected as “Most Admired Private Club” by Golf Inc.
- Creighton Farms Invitational raises nearly $700,000 for pediatric health care, helps establish fund for Inova Children’s Hospital in Northern Virginia
- Creighton Farms Invitational raises nearly $700,000 for pediatric health care; second-year event more than doubles inaugural proceeds
- Nicklaus Home at Creighton Farms Under Construction
- Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus (Sept. 15-16) set to benefit Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation
- Woodward wins 2012 Southworth Senior PNC with final-hole eagle at Jack Nicklaus-designed Creighton Farms
- First-ever Creighton Farms Invitational highlight's the Golden Bear's commitment to helping children in need
- Spots still available for upcoming Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus
The Club at Creighton Farms News
March 9, 2011
Creighton Farms named as a co-host for the 2011 Southworth Senior PGA Professional National Championship
Creighton Farms, the award-winning Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course located in the Northern Virginia town of Aldie, has been named co-host of the 23rd Southworth Senior PGA Professional National Championship presented by Mercedes-Benz, Oct. 6-9, marking the first visit by the Championship to the Middle Atlantic PGA Section. The other club to serve as host is the River Creek Club of Leesburg, Va.
The Championship's 264-player field, composed of Senior PGA Professionals representing the 41 PGA Sections, will compete for a total purse of $285,000 on both courses over the first two rounds. Creighton Farms will host the final 36 holes.
This marks the Senior PGA Professional National Championship's first year of title sponsorship by Southworth Development, which has headquarters in Newton, Mass., and presenting sponsor Mercedes-Benz.
"The Senior PGA Professional National Championship has remained one of the most popular member championships for PGA Professionals," said PGA of America President Allen Wronowski. "We are very pleased that Southworth Development and Mercedes-Benz have embraced this event and look forward to our partnership to present a great championship this fall at two excellent venues."
Creighton Farms, a par-72, 7,410-yard layout that opened in 2008, was one of two private courses in the world to achieve recognition by Golf Digest, GOLF Magazine and Travel + Leisure Golf in the same season. In 2009, Golfweek selected Creighton Farms among its "Best New Private Golf Courses." Creighton Farms reflects the Nicklaus trademark of a challenging design, focusing on course management strategy and precision over power.
"We look forward to welcoming The PGA of America and each of the outstanding senior PGA Professionals to Creighton Farms," said David Southworth, president of Southworth Development. "The course, setting and property are perfectly suited for a Championship of this kind. All of us at Creighton Farms and Southworth are proud to have been chosen to host this important event, and we are honored to be working with The PGA, Mercedes-Benz and River Creek Club to make it happen."
Begun in 1989, the Senior PGA Professional National Championship is modeled after the PGA Professional National Championship, with a field of 50-and-older senior PGA Professionals who advanced through 41 Section Championships conducted from July through September this year.
The top 35 finishers in the National Championship earn a berth in the 73rd Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid, which will be conducted May 24-27, 2012, at another Nicklaus Signature Course, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor, Mich. The top five finishers earn an exemption into the final stage of the 2011 Champions Tour National Finals. Since its debut, many participants in the Senior PGA Professional National Championship have used their success in the event as a springboard to a Champions Tour career.