Course News & Downloads
- The Club at Creighton Farms Overview Page
- Jack Nicklaus’ interview on ESPN 980 live from the Creighton Farms Invitational with co-hosts Chris Cooley and Kevin Sheehan
- Two Nicklaus Design clubs in Virginia bring in top instructors
- Creighton Farms selected as “Most Admired Private Club” by Golf Inc.
- Creighton Farms Invitational raises nearly $700,000 for pediatric health care, helps establish fund for Inova Children’s Hospital in Northern Virginia
- Creighton Farms Invitational raises nearly $700,000 for pediatric health care; second-year event more than doubles inaugural proceeds
- Nicklaus Home at Creighton Farms Under Construction
- Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus (Sept. 15-16) set to benefit Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation
- Woodward wins 2012 Southworth Senior PNC with final-hole eagle at Jack Nicklaus-designed Creighton Farms
- First-ever Creighton Farms Invitational highlight's the Golden Bear's commitment to helping children in need
- Spots still available for upcoming Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus
The Club at Creighton Farms News
September 5, 2012
Spots still available for upcoming Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus
The crowning feature of The Club at Creighton Farms is the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course which takes advantage of the property’s naturally rolling terrain.
There are playing spots still available for the rare opportunity to tee it up in the same field as the Golden Bear, when The Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus takes place Sept. 18 and 19. The inaugural event at award-winning Creighton Farms in Northern Virginia will benefit the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation, but funds will go to help pediatric programs at Inova Hospital in Alexandria, Va., and Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
The event will be an intimate, memorable occasion for fans of Nicklaus, the game and for giving back to the health and welfare of children. Each participant will be able to invite one non-playing guest to the festivities on the 19th, including a buffet breakfast, an opportunity to watch golf, hospitality in the clubhouse throughout the day, and access to the awards ceremony. The two-day event kicks off on the 18th with a cocktail reception, live auction, and dinner hosted by the Golden Bear. The highlight of the evening will be a question-and-answer session with Nicklaus, who designed the golf course at Creighton Farms.
For information about The Creighton Farms Invitational, or to reserve your spot, contact Creighton Farms Head Golf Professional Mike Vidal at 703.957.4807 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“It’s always been a pleasure to do business with Jack Nicklaus,” said David Southworth, CEO of Southworth Development. “I’m lucky to have had the opportunity to spend time with him over the years, and I can say that he is a truly extraordinary person. His commitment to the cause of children’s healthcare is unmatched.”
Nicklaus has long been a supporter of philanthropic charities aimed at children and health care. His wife Barbara is Chairman of the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation, which was founded in 2005 to help kids in the community where the family has lived and worked for decades. The Foundation has grown from a vision to reality, providing charitable services for children’s health care. The Foundation’s mission is to provide support for activities that advance and enhance the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of childhood diseases and disorders. In addition, it supports not-for-profit programs and projects aimed at children’s health, safety, and well-being.
Funds raised through events like the Memorial Tournament, The Lost Tree Pro-Am, The Jake, and The Creighton Farms Invitational continue to impact the lives of children and families across the country.