Course News & Downloads
- The Ritz Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain Overview Page
- WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship returns to Nicklaus Layout at Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain
- Accenture Match Play Championship begins at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club Dove Mountain
- Tortolita Hole-by-Hole (68K pdf)
- Wild Burro Hole-by-Hole (68K pdf)
- Dove Mountain has match play and travel golf appeal
- The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain Receives Gold Nugget Award for Clubhouse Design
- The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club at Dove Mountain – Where elegance meets adventure
- Legend Meets Luxury All Summer At The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain
- Jack Nicklaus christens his new course at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain near Tucson, AZ, site of Accenture Match Play
- Clubhouse Overview (88K pdf)
- Resort Press Kit (100K pdf)
- Golf Club Press Kit (92K pdf)
- Saguaro Hole-by-Hole (84K pdf)
- Changes underway at Nicklaus-designed Ritz-Carlton Golf Club at Dove Mountain in Arizona
- New Nicklaus Course at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain to host world’s finest at Accenture Match Play
- Owner envisioned a premier course at Dove Mountain site in early '80s
- Construction and Grassing Complete on Jack Nicklaus' Latest Design, Home to 2009 Accenture Match Play Championship
- Jack Nicklaus Signature Courses at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain to Host Accenture Match Play Championship Beginning 2009
- An Interview With: JACK NICKLAUS
- The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain Combines Nicklaus, Ritz-Carlton and PGA Tour Event in Sonoran Desert Location
The Ritz Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain News
June 1, 2010
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain Receives Gold Nugget Award for Clubhouse Design
MARANA, Arizona. (April 28, 2010) - The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain was the recipient of the Gold Nugget award of merit for the design of its clubhouse in the public/private recreational use facilities category from the Pacific Coast Builders Conference. This is the eighth prestigious award bestowed upon the golf course and clubhouse since its 2009 opening.
Designed by Douglas Frederickson Architects, the elegant esthetics of the clubhouse blends naturally into the majestic saguaro cacti landscape of the panoramic Tortolita Mountain Range, north of Tucson. This ranch-style, 50,000-square-foot building is a contemporary design augmented with a notable Southwestern flare, which includes indoor and outdoor dining venues with spectacular views. Clay tile and rusted steel roofs, distressed timbers, antique straw infused plaster, gas lamps, and beautifully stacked indigenous stone are all a part of the clubhouse's features.
"The commitment to build a first-class facility started back in the design phase," said general manager, Allan Federer. "This award reinforces the vision that was realized when The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain was finally developed."
The building is unique, yet timeless with references to the past, the natural setting and climate, but with cutting-edge finesse that defines its architecture. The clubhouse also features Cayton's, a casual but refined restaurant named for legendary Dove Mountain homesteader and cowboy poet Eugene "Cush" Cayton.
The clubhouse previously received first place in the Golf, Inc. clubhouse competition. The Jack Nicklaus Signature Design golf course has been recognized by several other major national golf publications, including Golfweek, GOLF Magazine and Links. Additionally, the golf course is an Audubon International Certified Cooperative Sanctuary.
Now in its 47th year, the Gold Nugget Awards program recognizes builders, developers, architects, and land planners for their work with communities and projects within 14 western states and all international countries.
For more information on The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, ritzcarlton.com/dovemountain or on facebook.com/ritzcarltondovemountain.