Nicklaus Design Facts
Courses Open for Play: More than 410
Courses Designed by Jack: 298
Countries Represented: 41
Courses on Tour: 142
Championships Staged: Close to 900
Golf Course Design Facts
- Jack Nicklaus has 298 courses open for play worldwide.
- This includes 264 solo designs, 34 co-designs and 16 redesigns.
- Nicklaus Design, as a company, has 408 courses open for play. American Lake Veterans Golf Course became No. 400 in 2016 when Jack Nicklaus donated his design services to add a "New Nine" so that the Tacoma, Wash., course could accommodate more veterans.
- Nicklaus Design has 104 courses open for play in the Asia Pacific region.
- Nicklaus Design has 30 courses open for play in China and 10 courses under development.
- Nicklaus Design is represented in 41 countries and 39 U.S. states.
- Nicklaus Design has 216 courses open for play in the United States, with Red Ledges, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course in Heber City, Utah, becoming No. 200 when it opened on July 3, 2009. In 2016, Jack Nicklaus returned to the community to design the first Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Park, a 12-hole par-3 course.
- Nicklaus Design has 43 courses in some form of development, and has projects signed, under design, or under development in 18 different countries.
- Of those courses under development, 84 percent are outside the United States and seven of the 18 countries are ones in which Nicklaus Design has never been involved.
- Nicklaus sons have been involved in 53 courses open for play.
- Jack Nicklaus II, president of Nicklaus Design, has 35 courses open for play (17 solo designs, 18 co-designs). Additionally, he has served as a Design Associate and on several Jack Nicklaus Signature Courses.