Course News & Downloads
- Gleneagles Hotel - The PGA Centenary Course Overview Page
- Jack Nicklaus media conference leading up to the PGA Championship and The Ryder Cup
- 2014 Ryder Cup host Gleneagles readies for its moment in the sun (or rain)
- European Tour event and European Ryder Cup team announcement unfold at Jack Nicklaus-designed Gleneagles
- Johnnie Walker Championship, European Ryder Cup team announcement unfold at Jack Nicklaus-designed Gleneagles
- Stage Set at Nicklaus-designed Gleneagles for Johnnie Walker Championship
- Golden Bear gives his blessing to 2014 Ryder Cup venue at Gleneagles
- Countdown to Scotland’s Ryder Cup Continues with Re-opening of PGA Centenary Course
Gleneagles Hotel - The PGA Centenary Course News
May 14, 2012
Countdown to Scotland’s Ryder Cup Continues with Re-opening of PGA Centenary Course
April 28 marked the official reopening of The PGA Centenary Course at The Gleneagles Hotel, host Venue of the 2014 Ryder Cup, allowing golf enthusiasts the chance to experience the future Ryder Cup course for themselves in the two-year run-up to the tournament. The PGA Centenary Course, which will see the golf greats of the US and Europe battle over the three-day tournament, has been under maintenance since October 2011 to allow for extensive course modifications, devised in consultation with course designer Jack Nicklaus.
Over 50,000 tons of earth was moved at the course over the past six months, with 30,000 square meters of turf laid, and 1,000 tons of new sand used in bunkers. The improvements include the installation of an aeration and moisture removal system on all 18 greens in addition to the putting green. Substantial changes have been made to the layout of several holes—with the most dramatic alterations apparent on the 9th and 18th. Drainage in all bunkers has been improved using the same method developed at Augusta National Golf Club.