Open For Play (1997)
One Great Bear Way
East Stroudsburg, PA 18302 USA
Great Bear Golf Club Online:
Only one golf course designer could do justice to the natural beauty at Great Bear Golf Club—the one know worldwide as the Golden Bear, Jack Nicklaus.
His 18-hole championship design demonstrates why he has been considered the master of his game for decades. Nicklaus has taken the natural advantages of the site and worked harmoniously with them to create a course that is an experience in golf and aesthetics.
Integrating the three lakes, several streams, wetlands, small bridges and rolling terrain, Nicklaus has created a course that presents itself differently to golfers of varying skill levels. For the experienced player, the course offers interesting challenges and pro tees that will bring out the best in even the strongest golfers. Yet it's also designed to be a course with the ultimate in fairness and playability. It ensures for golfers of all abilities an enjoyable experience, round after round, and reveals its intricacies and craftsmanship the more you play it. Great Bear is destined to be one of the Golden Bear's most-talked-about layouts.
Latest Course News
- Great Bear Golf Club Overview Page
- Great Bear Golf Club Scorecard
- Great Bear Golf Club - Rock ’n’ roll in the Poconos
- Great Bear a capper to a great trip
- McKeon Appointed Head Golf Professional at Great Bear (708K pdf)
- Korba Appointed Club Manager at Great Bear (620K pdf)
- Nicklaus-Designed Great Bear Golf Club To Reopen With New, Local Ownership (96K pdf)