Course News & Downloads
- Harbor Shores Overview Page
- Senior PGA Championship returns to Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course at Harbor Shores
- Jack Nicklaus, Community Leaders Kick Off 73rd Senior PGA Championship Presented By KitchenAid In Benton Harbor
- Harbor Shores readies for 2012 Senior PGA
- The Golf Club at Harbor Shores Recognized by GOLF Magazine’s Best New List
- Nicklaus and Co. delight crowd at Harbor Shores
- Video: Jack Nicklaus sinks 100-foot putt during Champions for Change at Harbor Shores grand opening
- The Golf Club at Harbor Shores Celebrates Its Grand Opening with The Champions for Change Golf Challenge - Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson and Johnny Miller Compete in Charity Skins Exhibition
- Jack and fellow legends discuss Aug. 10
Harbor Shores Champions for Change event
- Senior PGA Championship coming to Jack Nicklaus-designed Harbor Shores in 2012 and 2014
- Greener Greens: How Benton Harbor went from a giant brownfield to lustrous, lakefront Nicklaus green
Harbor Shores News
October 13, 2011
Harbor Shores readies for 2012 Senior PGA
The 2012 Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid will be at The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, May 24-27. The par-71 course will play to 6,861 yards through the Paw Paw River with stunning views of the shores of Lake Michigan as a backdrop.
Tom Watson, the 2011 and 2001 Senior PGA champion, is expected to headline a who's-who list of Champions Tour veterans, and a host of former major champions from this tour and the PGA Tour. Watson won this year's Senior PGA and a first-place prize of $360,000; the tournament was at Jack Nicklaus-designed Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville.
"I hope it will be 55 degrees and winds up to 25 mph to have Tom Watson-like conditions," Watson said via a telephone interview. "(But) the greens make the golf course. They can make it interesting or kind of dull, and Jack didn't make them dull. He's made a good course from tee to green."
The Golf Channel and NBC will televise all four rounds, three hours per day. Tickets go on sale Nov. 17 and can be purchased by going to spga2012.com or by calling (800) PGA-GOLF.