Course News & Downloads
- Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea Overview Page
- Korean President Park Geun-hye accepts Honorary Chairperson role for The Presidents Cup 2015 at Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea
- Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea’s clubhouse named to Best Golf Clubhouse Architecture list
- PGA TOUR announces Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea as host venue, Incheon City as host city of The Presidents Cup 2015
- Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea hosts Korea Women's Open
- Blake tops Cook in playoff to win Songdo Championship at Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea
- Golden Bear visits with media during stop for Champions Tour event at the Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea
- Watson, Langer and other top Champions Tour stars return to Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea for Songdo IBD Championship
- Champions Tour returns this week to Songdo and acclaimed Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea
- Hear Jack's thoughts and updates on the Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea
- Cochran, Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea big winners
Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea News
September 15, 2011
Watson, Langer and other top Champions Tour stars return to Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea for Songdo IBD Championship
Eight-time major champion Tom Watson, two-time Masters winner Bernhard Langer and former U.S. Open champion Tom Kite, along with a field filled with other Champions Tour stars, return to Korea this week to compete in the Songdo IBD Championship, presented by Korean Air. The tournament runs from Friday to Sunday, and is played at the spectacular 1-year-old Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea in the Songdo International Business District, Incheon.
The tournament offers a total of $3 million in prize money—the largest purse on the Champions Tour—with $456,000 going to the winner.
At the inaugural tournament in 2010, Russ Cochran, a resident of Tequesta, Fla, edged Fred Funk in a playoff for the title.
Included in the 60-man field are Korean favorites Choi Sang-ho, who has won 43 titles in Korea, and former KLPGA champion Choi Gwang-soo.
Awaiting the players at the Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea is a par-72, 7,087-yard Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and a club that offers world-class amenities, including a 60,000-square-foot clubhouse and luxury living in its golf lifestyle community.
“The golf course is totally created, but one we believe is world class,” Jack Nicklaus said. “The project is right off Incheon Bay, so the golf course provides bay and harbor views. As you move across the golf course, the look and playing experience will change throughout. We offer a seaside links look coming off the water, transitioning into a combination of sand, rocks and trees, and finally a more treed, parkland feel. The idea is to give you a sense that you are moving inland.
“I think the players will find the Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea to be an exceptional golf course and club, and, with the addition of this event, can only add to the exciting things happening within the game of golf in South Korea and enhance its fast-growing reputation worldwide.”
The Golf Channel will broadcast all three rounds beginning Friday at 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM EST and 5:00 AM - 6:30 AM EST; Saturday at 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM EST and 5:00 AM - 7:00 AM EST; and Sunday at 1:00 AM- 3:00 AM EST and 5:00 AM - 7:00 AM EST.