Jack Nicklaus Legacy Golf Course
Open For Play (2011)
Lake Malaren Golf Club Shanghai Online:
In late October 2011, Lake Malaren Golf Club hosted the Lake Malaren Shanghai Masters. This event, which is scheduled to be hosted at Lake Malaren through 2015, drew 30 of the top players in the world, and offered a purse of $5 million dollars, including $2 million to the winner. In order to fully prepare for this high-profile event, Lake Malaren Golf Club commissioned Nicklaus Design, the world's leading golf course design firm, to redesign its existing golf courses.
This redesign has become the major focus for Lake Malaren, and in just 16 months after commencing construction, the renovation and redesign was complete and the Shanghai Masters was staged to overwhelming success. The main design concept of the south lakes course, which became the first Jack Nicklaus Legacy Golf Course to open in Asia, was to create a world- class championship golf course that is challenging, fun, and fair for all golf enthusiasts. The course will test the best players in the world through a variety of different shots and strategic elements. It will also be a very exciting and fair golf course for the beginner to average golfer, who will enjoy the large variety of dramatic holes and the natural beauty of the layout.
The south course is characterized as natural parkland style that incorporates many natural elements into the design. These elements include trees, natural grasses, lakes and streams, and a strong rolling topography giving the course a significant amount of elevation change and a wide variety of golf shots. The course has a very natural feel and look that is both aesthetically pleasing as well as strategically sound.
Course News & Downloads
- Lake Malaren Golf Club Shanghai Overview Page
- Nicklaus Legacy Course at Lake Malaren in Shanghai welcomes Europe’s Ryder Cup heroes for the inaugural BMW Masters
- European Tour Launches New $7 Million Event in China
- Lake Malaren Shanghai Masters could get European Tour sanction
- Lake Malaren, the first Nicklaus Legacy Course to open in Asia, unveiled this week for inaugural Shanghai Masters
- Shanghai golf tournament goes professional and international