Course News & Downloads
- Lake Malaren Golf Club Shanghai Overview Page
- Nicklaus-designed Masters Course at Lake Malaren hosts European Tour’s BMW Masters
- Nicklaus Legacy Course at Lake Malaren in Shanghai welcomes Europe’s Ryder Cup heroes for the inaugural BMW Masters
- European Tour Launches New $7 Million Event in China
- Lake Malaren Shanghai Masters could get European Tour sanction
- Lake Malaren, the first Nicklaus Legacy Course to open in Asia, unveiled this week for inaugural Shanghai Masters
- Shanghai golf tournament goes professional and international
Lake Malaren Golf Club Shanghai News
May 14, 2012
European Tour Launches New $7 Million Event in China
The European Tour announced that a new sanctioned tournament, the BMW Masters, will be staged at the Jack Nicklaus Legacy Course at Lake Malaren Golf Club in Shanghai later this year and will offer a sizeable purse of $7 million. The BMW Masters is scheduled for October 25-28 and represents the third European Tour event this year on mainland China.
“I am already looking forward to teeing it up at the tournament,” said world No. 1 Rory McIlroy, who won last year’s Lake Malaren Shanghai Masters, which is being replaced by the new event. “The tournament will be one of the very best events in the world. That obviously makes it all the more exciting to defend my title there.”
The new competition brings the total number of European Tour events this year to 47.