Course News & Downloads
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee Overview Page
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee Named Best Lake Community of 2014
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee Increases Real Estate Sales 50 Percent in 2013
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee’s Golf Course Named Among Top 50 Private Practice Ranges
- Reserve at Lake Keowee members treated to fireside chat with Dick Grout, son of Jack’s long-time instructor
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee Joins the Golf Course Rotation for the 2013 BMW Charity Pro-Am
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee Joins the Golf Course Rotation for the 2013 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee receives Bliss Award for Southeastern master-planned communities
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee Foundation Hosts Successful Charity Golf Tournament
- The Reserve at Lake Keowee Breaks Ground on Guest House Cottages
- The Reserve Introduces the Legacy Membership
The Reserve at Lake Keowee News
November 20, 2011
The Reserve at Lake Keowee Foundation Hosts Successful Charity Golf Tournament
The Reserve at Lake Keowee hosted the Charitable Foundation’s 3rd Annual Golf Classic on October 17 to benefit four Pickens County-based non-profit organizations: Helping Hands; Pickens County Meals on Wheels; The Parenting Place, Home of Prevent Child Abuse of Pickens County; and the A.R. Lewis Elementary School’s Weekend Backpack Program. The event, which drew more than 100 players this year, raised about $18,000 for charity. The event was held on The Reserve at Lake Keowee’s award-winning Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course. Players enjoyed a “step aside” scramble format, with putting contests and silent auction.
Kathryn Gravely, Executive Director of The Reserve at Lake Keowee Charitable and Community Foundation remarked, “The Reserve at Lake Keowee and our community enjoy giving back to Pickens County, both through volunteerism as well as the annual Charitable Golf Classic. The sponsorship and participatory support we receive for this endeavor is amazing. Thank you to everyone who helped make this year’s event a success.”
“Thank you a thousand times over to the generous sponsors, the participating teams, and all those involved in The Reserve at Lake Keowee Charitable Golf Classic. Your donation to The Parenting Place will provide home visitation services, parenting education, and support services to teen and first time mothers helping to prevent child abuse and neglect in Pickens County,” stated Gloria Morris, Executive Director of The Parenting Place, Home of Prevent Child Abuse Pickens County.
A photo gallery from this year’s tournament is available on The Reserve at Lake Keowee’s website, or by clicking here.
The Reserve at Lake Keowee Charitable Foundation is a non-profit organization created to enhance the quality of life at The Reserve and in the local area while fulfilling a sense of community and philanthropy for The Reserve’s members. The Foundation has four major functions, one of which is to provide outreach for neighboring communities in Pickens County.
The Charitable Foundation operates as a supporting organization for the philanthropic goals and intentions of The Reserve at Lake Keowee Community Foundation. Charities which receive donations are suggested by property owners. Reserve property owners voted by emailed ballot on the slate of area charities under consideration via email earlier this year. The Trustees give priority to the charities suggested by the results of the property owners’ ballots.