Course News & Downloads
- Mission Hills G.C. World Cup Course Overview Page
- Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship: Top Honours For Jin And Chang
- Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship Returns for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship returns to China
- Mission Hills to host the inaugural ISPS Handa Senior World Championship
- Mission Hills to host 2011 European Senior Tour event
- Terrence Ng Wins 2010 Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship
- 2010 Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship Returns for Third Edition
- 2010 Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship Tournament Sheet (148K pdf)
- Triumph at Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship at Mission Hills in China a small step on the road to Augusta National for teen from Hong Kong
- Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship 2009 (1.2M pdf)
- Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship schedule set
- World To Pay Close Attention To Mission Hills Gathering, Says Nicklaus
- Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship (28M pdf)
- Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship to take place in 2008
Mission Hills G.C. World Cup Course News
June 2, 2010
Terrence Ng Wins 2010 Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship
Shenzhen, China, May 28, 2010 – The future stars of Asian golf and perhaps the next great players in the world were on display last week in the Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship in Shenzhen, China. The winner of this third annual event was Terrence Ng of Hong Kong.
After taking a one-stroke lead over fellow Hong Konger Liu Lok Tin into the final round, Ng recorded a closing round of three-under-ar 69 on Mission Hills’ Jack Nicklaus-designed World Cup Course to finish with a total of eight-under 208. Liu finished two shots behind in second, with China’s Liang Zheng another five shots back in third place at one-under 215. Hong Kong’s Steven Lam, the 2009 champion, could only manage a closing 76 to finish in a tie for fifth.
As reward for his victory, Ng not only earned maximum points on The R&A World Amateur Golf Ranking, which were offered at the event for the first time in 2010, but also a place in September’s Duke of York Young Champions Trophy in England.
Overall girls’ champion Zhang Yu Shan of China also qualified for the Duke of York tournament, which will be played at the famed Royal St George’s links in England from September 14-16.
In addition, it was announced that both champions, plus the top three finishers in each age group, have secured a berths in the 17th Nicklaus Junior Championship that will be played in West Palm Beach, Fla., in July.
"I want to congratulate all the participants in the Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship. I also want to congratulate and commend the Chu family and Mission Hills for their continued vision and passionate support for the game of golf, especially at the junior level. The Chus have given young boys and girls the opportunity to learn this great game on quality facilities, and in turn have given them the opportunity to learn the valuable life lessons that come with the game of golf. By also creating an environment of quality competition, they are helping develop the men and women that will take our game into the next generation. This is a great example of how we can develop the stars of tomorrow but also the good citizens of tomorrow. Thank you to everyone for being a part of a great event with which I am proud to be associated."
The other winners, by category, from the field of 68 players were:
Under 18 Boys - Liu Lok Tin, Hong Kong
Under 18 Girls - Lee Chia Pei, Chinese Taipei
Under 15 Boys - Robbie Thomas, United Kingdom
Under 15 Girls - Yin Yuan Ru, China
About Mission Hills Group
The Mission Hills Group, owner and operator of Mission Hills Shenzhen and Mission Hills Resort Hainan, is a key player in the country’s fledgling sports and leisure industry.
The 12-course Mission Hills Shenzhen is recognized by the Guinness World Records as the world’s largest golf facility. It has hosted hundreds of professional and amateur golf tournaments and is home to the Faldo Series Asia, Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship and the Omega Mission Hills World Cup.