Course News & Downloads
- Mission Hills G.C. World Cup Course Overview Page
- 13-year-old Ye Wo Cheng wins Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship
- Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship: Top Honours For Jin And Chang
- Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship Returns for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship returns to China
- Mission Hills to host the inaugural ISPS Handa Senior World Championship
- Mission Hills to host 2011 European Senior Tour event
- Terrence Ng Wins 2010 Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship
- 2010 Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship Returns for Third Edition
- 2010 Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship Tournament Sheet (144K pdf)
- Triumph at Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship at Mission Hills in China a small step on the road to Augusta National for teen from Hong Kong
Mission Hills G.C. World Cup Course News
May 14, 2012
Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship Returns for Fifth Consecutive Year
The Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship will be played at Mission Hills Shenzhen for the fifth consecutive year, giving a further boost to junior golf development in the Asia-Pacific region. The 54-hole, stroke play competition will take place May 23-25 on the Nicklaus-designed World Cup Course. It will boast its largest field yet with 120 players from China, Hong Kong, Chinese Tapei, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea and the United States. They will compete in four divisions: Boys Under 18, Boys Under 15, Girls Under 18 and Girls Under 15.
The Overall Winner in both the Boys and Girls categories, along with the top three players in each division, will receive invitations to play in the Nicklaus Junior Championship, played July 7-8, 2012, at Bear Lakes Country Club (Links Course) near Jack Nicklaus’ South Florida home in the United States.
The Overall Winner in both the Boys & Girls categories will also gain automatic entry into the Mission Hills Golf Series Junior Tour Grand Final and Faldo Series Asia Grand Final at Mission Hills in 2013.
“We’re honored to once again partner with Jack Nicklaus in the fifth year of this competition here at Mission Hills,” said Tenniel Chu, Vice Chairman, Mission Hills Group. “Jack’s passion for growing golf around the world, and particularly here in Asia, is admirable. Making golf both accessible and affordable to everyone, but particularly to juniors, is a sentiment we wholeheartedly share.”
Speaking ahead of the event, Jack Nicklaus commented, “This event continues to enjoy significant growth each year, and that is a testament to the commitment by Mission Hills and the Chu family to grow the game throughout China and Asia. I wish all the competitors the very best of luck and hope that this is just the beginning of a lifetime of success and enjoyment within the game.”
First staged in 2008, the Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship offers coveted R&A World Amateur Golf Ranking (WAGR) points to participants. It is open to juniors of all nationalities under 18 years of age with maximum handicaps of 24 for girls and 18 for boys.
Created with the support of Jack Nicklaus, the game’s greatest champion and one of the true icons in sports, the Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship is designed to promote junior golf both in China and abroad. In line with Jack’s commitment to junior golf development, it is Mission Hills’ aim to create opportunities for juniors to develop and compete against each other under tournament conditions.
Mission Hills’ other commitments to junior golf include its role as official home of the Faldo Series Asia, creation of the Mission Hills Golf Series Junior Tour, instruction programs at its three golf academies specifically geared toward young players, and regular scheduling of clinics from greats of the game like Nicklaus, Greg Norman, Nick Faldo and Annika Sorenstam.