Open For Play (1997)
18077 Bordeaux Drive
Reno, NV 89511 USA
Montreux Golf & Country Club Online:
Situated at an elevation of 5,500 feet, the Montreux Golf & Country Club is one of most spectacular Nicklaus Design projects, with the layout measuring 7,552 yards. The fairways and tees are Pro-Cup bent grass, the greens feature Crenshaw bent grass and the rough is a fescue/bluegrass blend. More than 70 bunkers use a special blend of white sand shipped from Idaho.
Montreux is a traditional golf course layout in a combination high desert and pine forest setting. The signature "Bear Trap" is a dramatic trio of holes 6, 7 and 8, which feature shimmering lakes, breathtaking mountain views and undulating greens. Also, the tee elevation above the fairway on the 17th hole is 138 feet.
Montreux opened in May 1998, and Golf Digest voted it among the 10 Best New Private Courses for that year. It is also the site of the Reno-Tahoe Open - an official PGA Tour event.
Latest Course News
- Montreux Golf & Country Club Overview Page
- Montreux Golf & Country Club Scorecard
- Nicklaus-designed Montreux set to host newly named Barracuda Championship
- Reno-Tahoe Open lands title sponsor
- Jack Nicklaus-designed Montreux Golf & Country Club in Reno hosts PGA TOUR’s only Modified Stableford event this week
- Nicklaus-designed Montreux Golf & Country Club hosts Reno-Tahoe Open
- Reno-Tahoe Open starts Thursday on new-look course at Montreux
- Inside the course: Montreux Golf and Country Club