Course News & Downloads
- Muirfield Village Golf Club Overview Page
- Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide Insurance expands reach
- Muirfield Village jumps five spots to lead eight Nicklaus Design courses in Golf Digest's list of America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses
- Tickets and travel packages now available for the 10th Presidents Cup
- Kent State captures Jack Nicklaus Invitational title
- The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance earns “Best Of” at PGA TOUR meetings
- Couples offers Nicklaus, Jordan assistant captain
- Price, Couples name captains’ assistants for The Presidents Cup 2013
- The Presidents Cup tees off at Muirfield Village in one year
- Memorial Tournament tickets now available
- Woods, Nicklaus, and Muirfield Village Golf Club shine once more at the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance
- Raymond Floyd Selected 2013 Memorial Tournament Honoree
- Jack Nicklaus Award Recipients Announced
- Tiger Woods wins 2012 Memorial Tournament
- Barbara Nicklaus discusses the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance
- Jack Nicklaus honors Tom Watson at Memorial Tournament
- A Memorial Tournament interview with Jack Nicklaus
- Final Field announced for the 2012 Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance
- Memorial Honoree Ceremony, Nicklaus Clinic and Military Appreciation Day join Wednesday schedule of events in 2012
- 37th Memorial Tournament field swells with big names
- Major Championship Winners Phil Mickelson and Rory McIlroy Commit to Memorial Tournament
- Exclusive 2012 Memorial Tournament Daily Ticket Pack and The Presidents Cup 2013 Offer
- Muirfield Village Golf Club hosts collegiate Jack Nicklaus Invitational
- 12-hole events at Muirfield Village Golf Club a success
- A Labor of Love
- Memorial Tournament luncheon nets $250K for Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Muirfield Village Golf Club to host The Presidents Cup in 2013
Muirfield Village Golf Club News
May 25, 2012
Memorial Honoree Ceremony, Nicklaus Clinic and Military Appreciation Day join Wednesday schedule of events in 2012
Tournament engages fans through new on-site social media locations
Dublin, Ohio – One of the strongest fields in golf is set to descend on Muirfield Village Golf Club when the 37th Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance begins May 28. The four tournament days are May 31-June 3, and it is shaping up to be one of the best in the history of the top-flight PGA TOUR event founded and hosted by golf great Jack Nicklaus.
But before competition begins on Thursday, patrons will be treated to a full slate of events scheduled for Wednesday, May 30, starting with the Nationwide Invitational at the Memorial, the official Pro-Am of the Tournament, at 8:30 a.m. Tournament Honoree Tom Watson and Journalism Honoree Bob Verdi will be feted during the Memorial Honoree Ceremony at 3 p.m. followed by the Jack Nicklaus Clinic on the newly renovated practice facility at 4:30 p.m. The ceremony and clinic are both new to the Wednesday lineup this year. Also new to Wednesday is Military Appreciation Day. Patrons with an active, retired or spouse (includes immediate family) military ID receive complimentary admission to the Tournament. Junior golf fans also receive complimentary admission with a ticketed adult on Wednesday. As a part of Junior Golf Day all youth 18 years of age and under receive a free junior ticket, which was designed by a young Tournament fan. A fun-filled Wednesday is capped off with the Tournament’s annual Junior Golf Clinic, held in the evening at 5:30 at Safari Golf Club across from the Columbus Zoo.
In addition to the new practice facility, patrons will enjoy a new main entrance adjacent to the range on the southwest perimeter featuring visual displays of past winners. Finally, there is a new location for corporate hospitality at the Memorial. The new Golden Bear Village can be found between the 10th and 18th fairways. Proper credentials are required.
Enhancing the Memorial Tournament experience are several fan engagement initiatives.
Two new on-site Social Media activation locations available to patrons lead the way. The Memorial’s Social Media Café opens on Tuesday, May 29, and is located in the heart of the action between the 14th and 18th fairways. The Social Media Café is a central hub for Social Media officially released by the Memorial Tournament, and it features special guest appearances, on-course contests, tablet and smartphone stations, Tournament coverage, upscale food and beverage and more.
The Nationwide Digital House opens Wednesday, May 30, and is located near the Tournament’s Patron Information Center adjacent to the practice facility. It is an excellent compliment to the Tournament’s Social Media Café featuring: social networking zone, giant touch screen monitor showcasing Twitter streams, photo posts and Tournament play, exclusive interviews with golf personalities, and more.
Additional initiatives include: XM Radios with added FM band to follow the Tournament action compliments of Nationwide Insurance; a new Android app to complement the iPhone app that was made available last year that allows for users to access an interactive course map, live scoring, contests, Tournament updates and more.
Cellular phones and hand-held mobile devices once again are permitted on the grounds, but they should be kept in silent mode, and their use is strictly prohibited to designated areas away from Tournament play. For a full list of the Tournament’s policies and prohibited items please visit www.thememorialtournament.com.
To inquire about availability for all-week Patron Badges to the 2012 Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance, please call the Tournament Ticket Office 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays at (877) MT BADGE (877-682-2343). Memorial Tournament badges, valid May 28-June 3, cost $155 and include a complimentary Practice Round ticket at no extra cost. As always, kids 12 and under can attend for free, and kids 18 and under are admitted free on Wednesday for Junior Golf Day. Daily tickets for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday practice rounds cost $30, and are valid for all three practice round days.
2012 Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance Schedule of Events