Course News & Downloads
- Muirfield Village Golf Club Overview Page
- Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide Insurance expands reach
- Muirfield Village jumps five spots to lead eight Nicklaus Design courses in Golf Digest's list of America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses
- Tickets and travel packages now available for the 10th Presidents Cup
- Kent State captures Jack Nicklaus Invitational title
- The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance earns “Best Of” at PGA TOUR meetings
- Couples offers Nicklaus, Jordan assistant captain
- Price, Couples name captains’ assistants for The Presidents Cup 2013
- The Presidents Cup tees off at Muirfield Village in one year
- Memorial Tournament tickets now available
- Woods, Nicklaus, and Muirfield Village Golf Club shine once more at the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance
- Raymond Floyd Selected 2013 Memorial Tournament Honoree
- Jack Nicklaus Award Recipients Announced
- Tiger Woods wins 2012 Memorial Tournament
- Barbara Nicklaus discusses the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance
- Jack Nicklaus honors Tom Watson at Memorial Tournament
- A Memorial Tournament interview with Jack Nicklaus
- Final Field announced for the 2012 Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance
- Memorial Honoree Ceremony, Nicklaus Clinic and Military Appreciation Day join Wednesday schedule of events in 2012
- 37th Memorial Tournament field swells with big names
- Major Championship Winners Phil Mickelson and Rory McIlroy Commit to Memorial Tournament
- Exclusive 2012 Memorial Tournament Daily Ticket Pack and The Presidents Cup 2013 Offer
- Muirfield Village Golf Club hosts collegiate Jack Nicklaus Invitational
- 12-hole events at Muirfield Village Golf Club a success
- A Labor of Love
- Memorial Tournament luncheon nets $250K for Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Muirfield Village Golf Club to host The Presidents Cup in 2013
Muirfield Village Golf Club News
June 3, 2012
Jack Nicklaus Award Recipients Announced
DUBLIN, Ohio - Justin Thomas from Alabama, Nova Southeastern's Ben Taylor, Noah Ratner from Guilford, Texas Wesleyan's Nathan Anderson and Jimmy Kozikowski of South Mountain Community College have been named the 2012 Jack Nicklaus Award recipients as the GCAA Collegiate Players of the Year. The Nicklaus Award recognizes the top players at the Division I, II, II, NAIA and NJCAA levels.
Thomas, the Division I Nicklaus Award recipient, was previously honored with the Phil Mickelson Award presented by the Phil and Amy Mickelson Foundation as the nation's outstanding freshman and was named a PING First-Team All-America selection. A native of Goshen, Ky., Thomas got off to a quick start in his college career, claiming his first tournament the Carpet Capital Collegiate. He would go on to win three more times - the Puerto Rico Classic, SEC Me's Golf Championship and NCAA Southeast Regional. Thomas collected five other top 10 finishes and only finished outside of the top 20 twice. Previously Thomas was named SEC Player and Freshman of the Year
A native of Epsom, England, Taylor led Nova Southeastern to its first Division II men's golf national title. The sophomore won two tournaments - the Otter Invitational and the Florida Blue Sunshine State Conference Championship. Taylor was runner-up four times and claimed four additional top-10 finishes. He placed outside of the top 10 only once this season in 12 events - a tie for 16th. Taylor was previously awarded PING First-Team All-America honors and Sunshine State Conference Player of the Year.
Ratner, a junior from Asheville, N.C., recently concluded one of the greatest seasons in Division III Guilford College's lengthy and successful golf history. He is Guilford's first recipient of the prestigious Jack Nicklaus Award. The junior received PING First-Team All-America recognition for the second straight season. Ratner tied the school record with four medalist honors, including his first three tournaments of the season, and recorded a 72.73 season stroke average - the second-lowest figure in school history. In addition to his All-America honor, Ratner earned PING All-South laurels for the second straight season and became the Quakers' fourth two-time Old Dominion Athletic Conference Golfer of the Year.
Anderson earned the NAIA Nicklaus Award after spending two PING All-America seasons at McClennan CC. A native of Burleson, Texas, he was named PING First-Team All-America in his first foray in NAIA golf. Anderson won the Dallas Baptist Patriot Invitational and had two runner-up finishes, including the NAIA National Championships. He recorded three additional top-10 finishes in 10 events. Anderson set a Texas Wesleyan record for single-season scoring average at 72.08.
Kozikowski won four events in 2012 - the Cactus Thaw, NJCAA Region I Championship, Tiffany and Bosco Invitational and Chandler-Gilbert Invitational. He had three runner-up showings and never finished outside the top 10 in 12 events this season. The sophomore from Mesa, Ariz., led South Mountain CC to the NJCAA Division II national title. Kozikowski was named PING All-America First-Team, first-team Arizona Community College Athletic All-Conference and PING All-West Region. He posted a 71.55 scoring average.
Since 1988, the award for the GCAA Collegiate Players of the Year has been named after Jack Nicklaus, a Big Ten and NCAA Champion at The Ohio State University. Mr. Nicklaus annually recognizes the recipients during the final round of the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio, just outside of Nicklaus' hometown of Columbus.