Course News & Downloads
- Muirfield Village Golf Club Overview Page
- Reigning British Open champ Phil Mickelson and two-time major championship winner Rory McIlroy commit to Memorial Tournament
- After resounding success at Muirfield Village Golf Club, attention turns to JNGC Korea and 2015 Presidents Cup
- The Presidents Cup announces sellout of competition round tickets
- Top players looking forward to The Presidents Cup 2013
- The Presidents Cup 2013 General Information & Schedule
- Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide Insurance expands reach
- Muirfield Village jumps five spots to lead eight Nicklaus Design courses in Golf Digest's list of America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses
- Tickets and travel packages now available for the 10th Presidents Cup
- Kent State captures Jack Nicklaus Invitational title
- The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance earns “Best Of” at PGA TOUR meetings
Muirfield Village Golf Club News
June 2, 2012
Barbara Nicklaus discusses the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance
The Memorial Tournament continues the PGA TOUR's philanthropic focus through its several relationships with Central Ohio charities. The most significant of which is a 35-year relationship with primary benefactor, Nationwide Children's. Contributions generated through the support of over 2,600 volunteers, are distributed each year to the Hospital's unrestricted giving fund. This fund assists in ensuring Central Ohio continues to have one of the best children's hospitals in the United States.
In June of 2010 a new charitable alliance was announced among the Memorial Tournament, Nationwide Children's and Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation. The new alliance establishes Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation as a lead charity of the Memorial Tournament and supporter of Nationwide Children's. The relationship enables the Memorial to increase its long-standing support and promotion of Nationwide Children’s Hospital and the Memorial Tournament NICU, while combining the strengths of three very powerful organizations, all for the benefit of Central Ohio pediatric care.
The Memorial's benevolence extends beyond the Hospital and Foundation, however. Unique and successful relationships exist with Fore Hope, James Cancer Hospital, Wolfe Associates, The First Tee, Central Ohio Junior Golf Association, Shriners, Lions Club and many, many more.
Throughout the years the Memorial has concentrated on giving back to the community and this mission will continue throughout the Tournament's existence.