Course News & Downloads
- Muirfield Village Golf Club Overview Page
- Reigning British Open champ Phil Mickelson and two-time major championship winner Rory McIlroy commit to Memorial Tournament
- After resounding success at Muirfield Village Golf Club, attention turns to JNGC Korea and 2015 Presidents Cup
- The Presidents Cup announces sellout of competition round tickets
- Top players looking forward to The Presidents Cup 2013
- The Presidents Cup 2013 General Information & Schedule
- Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide Insurance expands reach
- Muirfield Village jumps five spots to lead eight Nicklaus Design courses in Golf Digest's list of America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses
- Tickets and travel packages now available for the 10th Presidents Cup
- Kent State captures Jack Nicklaus Invitational title
- The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance earns “Best Of” at PGA TOUR meetings
Muirfield Village Golf Club News
October 13, 2011
Muirfield Village Golf Club hosts collegiate Jack Nicklaus Invitational
The Ohio State men’s golf team hosted a challenging field of 12 opponents at the Jack Nicklaus Invitational Oct. 10-11. The 54-hole tournament, in its second year, was held at prestigious Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio.
The Texas Longhorns cruised to a 16-shot victory in the elite 12-team field, finishing at 2-under par 287. The host Buckeyes finished second. Illinois earned third place with a score of 20-over 884, while Kent State took fourth place at 21-over 885 and UCLA took fifth place at 22-over 886 at Muirfield Village Golf Club.
The national field featured six squads currently ranked among the top-25 teams in the latest release of the Golf World/NIKE Golf Coaches Poll: No. 2 Oklahoma State, No. 3 UCLA, No. 7 Texas, No. 9 Arkansas, No. 16 Illinois and No. 25 Ohio State. Three other squads (Kent State, Texas Tech and TCU) are among the “Others Receiving Votes” category in the poll, while LSU, North Carolina and Purdue rounded out the field.
The course played to a par-72 7,352 yards for the two-day tournament.