Course News & Downloads
- The Ocean Course at Hammock Beach Resort Overview Page
- Two Nicklaus Design courses ranked in Golf Digest's list of 'Top 50 Courses for Women' in America
- Hammock Beach Resort on Florida's Palm Coast offers sweet suites for golfers and families
- Top 100 You Can Play Up Close: Hammock Beach Resort
- Salamander Hotels & Resorts launches Grand Golf Resorts of Florida collection
The Ocean Course at Hammock Beach Resort News
February 23, 2012
Top 100 You Can Play Up Close: Hammock Beach Resort
Courtesy of Golf.com
Worthwhile, accessible golf on the ocean in Florida? Not as easy to find as you'd think. The best option is the Hammock Beach Resort, where you will see, feel and hear the Atlantic, especially on each nine's closing hole.
Located in Northeast Florida, about an hour from both Jacksonville and Orlando, the Ocean course at Hammock Beach ranks No. 78 on Golf Magazine's Top 100 You Can Play.
The Jack Nicklaus design hosted a Champions Tour event in 2007 and '08, and the seniors loved it, both for the friendly layout and the short walk from the nearby hotel, which features three restaurants and an ultra-luxe cigar bar.
Wind can place a high premium on accurate driving, while sharply sloping greens demand deft chipping skills. A pair of oceanside greens—the 185-yard 8th and 174-yard 17th—highlight a fine quartet of par 3s.