Open For Play (1988)
P.O. Box 2070
Pawleys Island, SC 29585 USA
Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club Online:
Planning Pawleys Plantation began with Jack Nicklaus. In October, 1986 the legendary golfer and prominent course designer stood in the middle of 582 acres and began designing a new course in history.
"I have a particular fondness for the Low country area," says Jack. "We used what's here, without forcing or changing what Mother Nature provided".
Jack returned every few months, shaping fairways, aligning trees, determining elevations and placement of greens and tees. All the subtle touches that will play in golfers' minds, again and again.
Jack has incorporated many unique design challenges here. "Variety will make this course tremendously interesting to play," says Jack. "Each of the 18 holes has a distinct strategy. Green placement, water, tree lines, traps, mounds, split fairways, two holes sharing a spectacular double green. You'll have to think your way around the course. All the while, aware of how beautiful it is".
Course News & Downloads
- Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club Overview Page
- Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club Scorecard
- Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club among top 10 courses in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Pawleys Plantation among 25 best golf courses in South Carolina
- Pawleys Plantation serves Myrtle Beach's Waccamaw Golf Trail
- Myrtle Beach's Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club comes close to perfection
- Pawleys Plantation rated elite venue by Golf Business magazine
- Back In the Game
- Pawleys Plantation's Course Management Draws Rave Reviews