Course News & Downloads
- Rocky Gap Lodge and Resort Overview Page
- Rocky Gap Lodge and Resort Scorecard
- Rocky Gap Casino Resort Receives AAA 4 Diamond Award
- Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort (Cumberland, MD) Cited for Distinction by GOLF Magazine Panelists in National Publication's Inaugural "Best Courses Near You" Rankings
- Rocky Gap receives Greens of Distinction Award for fourth time
- Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort earns Four Diamond resort rank
- Rocky Gap Lodge & Resort offers great golf in Maryland mountains
- Crestline Hotels & Resorts Appoints T. Steele Edwards, Jr. General Manager for the Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort, MD
Rocky Gap Lodge and Resort News
October 24, 2007
Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort earns Four Diamond resort rank
CUMBERLAND, Md. -- Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort - home to the state's only Jack Nicklaus Signature designed course - today announces it has been named an AAA Four-Diamond resort for the seventh consecutive year. Only 3 percent of all AAA-approved properties in the United States receive the elite Four Diamond status making Rocky Gap one of the finest resorts in the U.S.
"This is an incredible honor to be held in such high esteem by an unbiased authority on resorts and destinations like AAA," says Rocky Gap General Manager Tim Grambley. "The staff here at Rocky Gap is second to none and continues to reach great heights. Customer service and our guests' comfort are priorities at the resort, which is why people return time and time again."
According to AAA, Four Diamond establishments are upscale in all areas and the physical attributes reflect an obvious enhanced level of quality throughout, including an extensive array of amenities combined with a high degree of hospitality, service and attention to detail.
Along with championship golf on a par 72, 18-hole championship course that weaves through forested mountains with stunning lake views, Rocky Gap offers the luxurious Garden Spa and acclaimed culinary and catering options at the Lakeside Restaurant - a Wine Spectator Award Winner - and the casual Signatures.Bar & Grill. The entire family can enjoy Rocky Gap with miles of hiking/biking trails, horseback riding, paintball, climbing wall, rappelling, whitewater rafting, canoeing, indoor/outdoor pools.
In addition to the Golf Digest 4-Star golf course, the popular, multi-amenity resort also offers:
- 215 guest rooms, including suites and ADA-certified accommodations
- Extensive meeting programs encompassing 15,000+ square feet of banquet and meeting space and numerous service options
- Family and children's activities: horseback riding, paintball, climbing wall, rappelling, whitewater rafting, canoeing and a Scales & Tales animal program by the campfire
- Corporate team building programs through Western Maryland Adventures
- Special weddings programs by the lake with both indoor and outdoor settings
- Beautiful lakeside pavilions
Conveniently located within two hours of Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington D.C., Rocky Gap is nestled at the base of Evitts Mountain, on the pristine shores of Lake Habeeb and sits at the gateway to beautiful Rocky Gap State Park.
For more information on Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort, visit www.rockygapresort.com or call 800-724-0828.
About Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort
Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort is a 215-room resort located on 243-acre Lake Habeeb in the lush forested mountains of Western Maryland. Amenities include the Rocky Gap Garden Spa which features the renowned line of Eminence spa products, miles of marked hiking trails highlighting Mother Nature's glory, a 7,000-yard Jack Nicklaus Signature Design course with five sets of tee boxes to match the skill level of any golfer, and an on-property adventure outfitter for horseback riding, hiking and biking, whitewater rafting and corporate team building.
About Crestline Hotels & Resorts
Crestline Hotels & Resorts, Inc. is one of the nation's largest independent hospitality management companies. Founded in 2000, the Company presently manages 49 hotels, resorts and conference and convention centers with more than 11,200 rooms in 14 states and the District of Columbia. Crestline Hotels & Resorts manages properties independently and under such well regarded brands as Marriott, Hilton, Westin, Renaissance, Sheraton, Crowne Plaza and Wyndham. Additional information about the hotel management company is available at the company's web site: www.crestlinehotels.com.