Open For Play (2006)
Columbus, OH USA
Head of the Class
Our first-ever ranking of the top 25 college golf courses
Courtesy of LINKS Magazine
4. Ohio State University Golf Club (Scarlet)
Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio Alister MacKenzie, the architect of Cypress Point and Augusta National, designed Ohio State’s Scarlet course in 1931 but died in 1934, before ground was broken. Thankfully, Perry Maxwell oversaw the construction, which was completed in 1938. Scarlet has been home to Ohio State players like Jack Nicklaus, Tom Weiskopf and John Cook, and Nicklaus returned recently for a renovation that restored the bunkers and lengthened the course to 7,455 yards.
Scarlet course at The Ohio State University was just ranked No. 9 in Golfweek’s ranking of the Top 30 Campus Courses.
Latest Course News
- Scarlet Golf Course at Ohio State University Overview Page
- Web.com Tour Finals reach halfway mark at Jack Nicklaus-redesigned Scarlet Course at The Ohio State University Golf Club
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship tees off Thursday on Nicklaus-redesigned Scarlet Golf Course at The Ohio State University
- Scarlet Course at The Ohio State University to host this week’s Nationwide Children’s Championship on the Web.com Tour