Course News & Downloads
- Sebonack Golf Club Overview Page
- Sebonack Golf Club Scorecard
- Sebonack: A Meeting of the Minds
- Sebonack Golf Club takes center stage for
this week's U.S. Women's Open
- Sebonack Golf Club Prepares to Showcase World’s Best Women Golfers in 2013
- Sebonack Golf Club in Southampton, New York, selected as the site of the 2013 U.S. Women's Open
- The Ultimate Collaboration
- Travel Sebonack Golf Club - Golf Malaysia (164K pdf)
- Sebonack featured in Finest Golf magazine (1.8M pdf)
- Sebonack A Collaboration - Golf Architecture (3.5M pdf)
- Welcome to the Neighboorhood - New York Golf (2.3M pdf)
- Jack Nicklaus and Tom Doak to Collaborate on the Design of Sebonack Golf Club in Southampton, New York
Sebonack Golf Club News
August 11, 2008
Sebonack Golf Club Prepares to Showcase World’s Best Women Golfers in 2013
U.S. Women’s Open Host Club to Celebrate Long Island’s Rich Golf History
Southampton, NY (August 12, 2008) – With the 2013 U.S. Women’s Open some five years away, Sebonack Golf Club is not wasting any time in preparing to welcome the world’s best women golfers to this exclusive Long Island golf course. Named America’s Best New Private Course of 2007 by Golf Digest, Sebonack has earned significant accolades in its brief two-year history.
Since the announcement was made by the USGA in June, club owner and founder, Michael C. Pascucci, has been busy formulating a team which will be spearheaded by veteran golf course superintendent, Garret Bodington. Bodington, who was instrumental in prepping Bethpage Black for the U.S. Open of 2002, will direct all efforts to prepare the Sebonack course for the 2013 Women’s Open.
“We are delighted to have been selected to host the 2013 U.S. Women’s Open,” said Pascucci. “We believe that the combination of the natural beauty and challenge of Sebonack, together with the world’s greatest female golfers, will make for a lot of excitement in an area rich with a history of championship golf. We are very proud to host a national championship.”
Sebonack is the collaborative masterpiece of designer Jack Nicklaus and highly regarded architect Tom Doak. Together they were given a blank slate of 300 acres of prime oceanfront property and turned around a golf layout that looks and plays as if weathered by time.
The course measures 7,418 yards from the back tees, plays to a par 72 and is challenging for every level player. When Sebonack is officially set-up by the USGA for the 2013 U.S. Women’s Open, the pros will have their hands full in taming this new beauty.