Open For Play (2012)
Horseshoe Bay, TX USA
Summit Rock Online:
Location: Part of the Horseshoe Bay Resort family of golf courses, Summit Rock is a private, members-only course located near constant-level Lake LBJ, approximately 45 miles from Austin in the heart of the Texas Hill Country.
Course designer: Jack Nicklaus; Summit Rock is a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, and the only one that will open this year in the U.S.
Course builder: Wadsworth Golf Construction Co.
Course style: Texas Hill Country.
Course length: Contains 18 holes covering between 6,500-6,600 yards for the average player, or 7,200 yards from the back tees for the more experienced player.
Course terrain: The 200-acre, par-72 course contains a lower, level playing area and an upper, more rugged terrain. Designed to highlight the natural landscape, the lower section, which includes holes 1, 2 and 13-18, is framed by beautiful old oak trees, while the upper section, which includes holes 3-12, has impressive views of nearby Lake LBJ and the Hill Country. The course contains vegetation, creeks, streams and a variation of terrain throughout to make it a unique experience for players.
Horseshoe Bay Resort Golf Courses: Home to four panoramic championship golf courses each of which incorporate the unique, natural terrain of the beautiful Texas Hill Country while providing holes playable for a variety of skill levels.
- Three Robert Trent Jones Sr. golf courses: Slick Rock, Ram Rock and Apple Rock.
- A Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course in Summit Rock.
Horseshoe Bay Resort: Located in the picturesque Texas Hill Country, a short 50-minute trip from Austin and a few hours drive from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, the 7,000-acre, AAA Four Diamond Horseshoe Bay Resort sits along the shore of constant-level Lake LBJ. The 347-room resort is home to three Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed golf courses; a private members-only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course (under construction); an 18-hole, par-72 Dwarf Bermuda grass putting course; The Waters 50-room condo tower and a full-service marina. A private airport, 16 tennis courts, bike rentals, hiking trails, spa and fitness center all add to the extraordinary experience of Horseshoe Bay Resort.
Course News & Downloads
- Summit Rock Overview Page
- Golf Icon and Course Designer Jack Nicklaus Inaugurates Summit Rock
- Famed Horseshoe Bay Resort in Texas Adds the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course at Summit Rock to its portfolio
- Horseshoe Bay Resort Adds Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course to Its Portfolio of Championship Courses
- The Reserve at Summit Rock Partners with Nicklaus Companies, Becomes the Golden Bear Reserve at Summit Rock
- Summit Rock Golf Course in Texas Hill Country Offers Many Unique Features
- Nicklaus Reaches Summit in HSB (1.8M pdf)
- Skywater, Nicklaus seeing good progress (368K pdf)
- Jack Nicklaus Design Reaches The Summit (656K pdf)
- Construction Underway on Skywater Golf Course, Summit Rock Golf Club