Course News & Downloads
- Sycamore Hills Golf Club Overview Page
- Sycamore Hills Golf Club Scorecard
- Nicklaus Design has three of the top five global private club finalists in Golf Inc.’s 2016 Renovation of the Year Contest
- 2015 Web.com Tour Finals set to begin Thursday on Sycamore Hills’ renovated and highly acclaimed Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course
- Hotel Fitness Championship Web.com Tour Finals at Jack Nicklaus-designed Sycamore Hills to impact PGA Tour cards for the 2014-2015 season
- Jack Nicklaus-designed Sycamore Hills Golf Club host to history-making Hotel Fitness Championship
- USGA’s Junior Girls Championship tees off at Nicklaus-designed Sycamore Hills
- Field of 156 top juniors gather at Sycamore Hills
- Sycamore Hills Golf Club awarded 2013 U.S. Girls' Junior Championship
- Return of Sycamore Hills boosts Nicklaus Design In Golf Digest ranking of 100 Greatest Golf Courses
Sycamore Hills Golf Club News
December 20, 2011
Sycamore Hills Golf Club awarded 2013 U.S. Girls' Junior Championship
Sycamore Hills Golf Club, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course in Fort Wayne, Ind., has been selected by the United States Golf Association to host the 2013 U.S. Girls’ Junior Championship. The dates of the championship are July 22-27.
This will be the second USGA championship conducted at Sycamore Hills. The club hosted the 2009 USGA Women’s State Team Championship, which was won by the Georgia team of Dori Carter, Laura Coble and Mariah Stackhouse.
"The USGA is excited to return to Sycamore Hills and Fort Wayne," said Donna Mummert, director of the U.S. Girls’ Junior. "The course offers a good variety for setup and will reward the player who is smart with her course management. Players are sure to have a wonderful experience, both on and off the course, during their time in Fort Wayne."
"Sycamore Hills is honored to host the 2013 U.S. Girls’ Junior Championship, the most elite girls’ championship in junior golf," said Don Hunter, chairman of the Sycamore Hills championship committee. "This would not be possible without the continued support and dedication of our membership and our community and we are grateful to them.
"We are committed to the development of competitive youth golf in our community and, as a longtime supporter of amateur golf, we are glad to have the opportunity to once again work with the USGA to conduct this premier championship and showcase northeast Indiana to the world."
Sycamore Hills, which opened in 1989, sits on land that was first deeded by Andrew Jackson in 1835 and later served as the estate for a prominent Fort Wayne family. The Nicklaus-designed layout incorporates the native woodland that lines the Aboite River, which flows through the course.
The club has served as the host of the 2010 and 2011 Junior PGA Championships, and will again stage the championship in 2012. Sycamore Hills has also hosted many USGA championship qualifiers, most recently for the 2011 U.S. Senior Open, as well as three Indiana State Amateur Championships and numerous other Indiana Golf Association and Indiana PGA Section tournaments.