Open For Play (2005)
158 Walnut Valley Parkway
Arden, NC 28704 USA
The Cliffs at Walnut Cove Online:
The golf course at The Cliffs at Walnut Cove is part of the Phase One development that is nestled along the valley of this breathtaking 1000 acres of land that is bordered to the north by the Blue Ridge Parkway and to the west and northeast by the Pisgah National Forest. According to Dave Heatwole, senior associate with Nicklaus Design, "the par 71-course when complete, will be around 7,000 yards and will be very playable. We've given players a lot of options with this course, if they prefer not to take a shot that carries over water, they will have other shots they can take. The course is designed so players will have a lot of forced carries," he added.
The course, at elevations of 2,100 to 2,250 feet, will feature gentle rolling slopes that are surrounded by mountain ridges creating a natural amphitheater. The southern expose of the course layout will provide for four season golf and is anticipated to open to members in the Spring of 2004.
In keeping with The Cliffs development philosophy, The Cliffs at Walnut Cove has been master-planned as a low density, environmentally sensitive, private residential community that provides its residents outdoor recreation opportunities without compromising the natural resources of the land.
Latest Course News
- The Cliffs at Walnut Cove Overview Page
- The Cliffs honored in Golfweek’s Best Residential Courses for 2017
- The Cliffs signs Austin Ernst as LPGA Brand Ambassador
- Sign up now for 30th playing of the Jack Nicklaus Cup Matches held this year at The Cliffs at Walnut Cove
- Date announced for 2013 Jack Nicklaus Cup Matches at The Cliffs at Walnut Cove
- The Cliffs named among Top 10 Private Golf Communities by Travel + Leisure Golf (1.2M pdf)
- Construction begins on Golf magazine dream house at The Cliffs at Walnut Cove (112K pdf)
- Walnut Cove a hit with the pros
- Golf legend Nicklaus joins Costner for first round at The Cliffs