Course News & Downloads
- Jack Nicklaus’ interview on ESPN 980 live from the Creighton Farms Invitational with co-hosts Chris Cooley and Kevin Sheehan
- Two Nicklaus Design clubs in Virginia bring in top instructors
- Creighton Farms selected as “Most Admired Private Club” by Golf Inc.
- Creighton Farms Invitational raises nearly $700,000 for pediatric health care, helps establish fund for Inova Children’s Hospital in Northern Virginia
- Creighton Farms Invitational raises nearly $700,000 for pediatric health care; second-year event more than doubles inaugural proceeds
- Nicklaus Home at Creighton Farms Under Construction
- Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus (Sept. 15-16) set to benefit Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation
- Woodward wins 2012 Southworth Senior PNC with final-hole eagle at Jack Nicklaus-designed Creighton Farms
- First-ever Creighton Farms Invitational highlight's the Golden Bear's commitment to helping children in need
- Spots still available for upcoming Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus
- There are no photos for this course.
The Club at Creighton Farms News
July 30, 2013
Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus (Sept. 15-16) set to benefit Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation
The 2013 Creighton Farms Invitational will be held September 15 and 16 at The Club at Creighton Farms in Loudoun County, Va. This year marks the second time the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course will host the event to raise money for the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation, which in turn funds pediatric healthcare programs in the Washington D.C./Northern Virginia area. Organizers are looking to exceed last year’s proceeds of more than $270,000, used to support important initiatives at Inova Children’s Hospital and Children’s National Medical Hospital.
Participants in the second annual event will enjoy a day of golf with the Golden Bear. They'll compete in an 18-hole tournament for great prizes, playing alongside professional athletes and other celebrities. Confirmed celebrity participants this year include Bret Baier, host of “Special Report with Bret Baier” on Fox News; Paul Blair, Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees and Cincinnati Reds alumnus and World Series Champion; Larry Brown, Washington Redskins Alumnus, Running Back NFL All-Pro, MVP and Offensive Player of the Year; Al Bumbry, Baltimore Orioles and San Diego Padres alumnus, MLB Rookie of the Year and American League All Star; Rick Byrd, Belmont Bruins Head Coach, 5 NCAA Division I Tournaments; Phil Chenier, NBA Champion, All-Star, and Television Sports Broadcaster for the Washington Wizards; Darrell Green, Washington Redskins Alumni, Cornerback, NFL All-Pro, Fastest Man Alive Winner, and Super Bowl Champion; Kevin Grevey, Guard, NBA Champion, SEC Player of the Year and College Basketball Commentator for Westwood One; Chick Hernandez, Sports Redskins Anchor, Authority on Mid-Atlantic Sports & 3-time Emmy Award Winner; Michael Muehr, PGA Tour Player; Andy North, PGA and Champions Tour/ESPN Anchor, US Open Champion, 1980 Ryder Cup Team, PGA Grand Slam of Golf Winner (Mr. North will also host the Fireside Chat with Jack Nicklaus); and Kris Tschetter, Women's British Open 9-Hole Record Holder and Author of My Life with Ben Hogan.
Apart from golf, Creighton Farms Invitational activities include a private cocktail reception and fireside chat with the Golden Bear, along with a live auction and dinner. The cocktail hour and dinner will be held at the luxurious new 5 star Salamander Resort & Spa in nearby Middleburg.
Creighton Farms, a par-72, 7,410-yard layout that opened in 2008, was one of only two private courses in the world to achieve recognition by Golf Digest, GOLF Magazine and Travel + Leisure Golf in the same season. In 2009, Golfweek selected Creighton Farms among its "Best New Private Golf Courses." Creighton Farms reflects the Nicklaus trademark of a challenging yet playable design, focusing on course management, strategy, and precision over power.
The course recently welcomed LPGA tour player Kris Tschetter as Resident Touring Pro. Since she began playing on the LPGA Tour in 1988, Kris has recorded 10 second-place finishes and 50 top-10 finishes, including two second-place finishes in majors at the 1996 U.S. Open and the 1997 Nabisco Dinah Shore Championship. Kris also holds the Women's British Open 9-hole record with a 29.
To learn more about how you can participate in the second annual Creighton Farms Invitational, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.