Course News & Downloads
- Jack Nicklaus’ interview on ESPN 980 live from the Creighton Farms Invitational with co-hosts Chris Cooley and Kevin Sheehan
- Two Nicklaus Design clubs in Virginia bring in top instructors
- Creighton Farms selected as “Most Admired Private Club” by Golf Inc.
- Creighton Farms Invitational raises nearly $700,000 for pediatric health care, helps establish fund for Inova Children’s Hospital in Northern Virginia
- Creighton Farms Invitational raises nearly $700,000 for pediatric health care; second-year event more than doubles inaugural proceeds
- Nicklaus Home at Creighton Farms Under Construction
- Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus (Sept. 15-16) set to benefit Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation
- Woodward wins 2012 Southworth Senior PNC with final-hole eagle at Jack Nicklaus-designed Creighton Farms
- First-ever Creighton Farms Invitational highlight's the Golden Bear's commitment to helping children in need
- Spots still available for upcoming Creighton Farms Invitational hosted by Jack Nicklaus
- There are no photos for this course.
The Club at Creighton Farms News
November 19, 2013
Creighton Farms Invitational raises nearly $700,000 for pediatric health care; second-year event more than doubles inaugural proceeds
Barbara and Jack Nicklaus co-hosted the second Creighton Farms Invitational at the award-winning Creighton Farms in the Northern Virginia city of Leesburg. The event included a reception, dinner and auction held at the nearby and newly opened Salamander Resort & Spa in picturesque Middleburg, Virginia. The reception was followed by golf the next morning on the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course at Creighton Farms. A year after the inaugural event raised almost $270,000, this year’s event grossed close to $700,000.
Participating celebrities included Andy North, a two-time US Open Champion and current ESPN golf analyst, who hosted a “Fireside Chat” with Jack Nicklaus at the pre-tournament dinner; Darrell Green, Washington Redskins Alumni, NFL Hall-of-Fame Cornerback, NFL All-Pro, Fastest Man Alive Winner, and Super Bowl Champion; Larry Brown, Washington Redskins Alumnus, Running Back NFL All-Pro, MVP and Offensive Player of the Year; Joe Theismann, Super Bowl XVII Champion and recipient of the NFL’s 1983 MVP award; Mark Moseley, former Washington Redskins player and NFL MVP; Paul Blair, Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees and Cincinnati Reds alumnus and World Series Champion; Phil Chenier, NBA Champion, All-Star, and Television Sports Broadcaster for the Washington Wizards; Kevin Grevey, Guard, NBA Champion, SEC Player of the Year and College Basketball Commentator for Westwood One; Chick Hernandez, three-time Emmy Award-winning Sports Anchor and voice of the Redskins, authority on Mid-Atlantic Sports; Dave Lucas, host of Capital Golf Weekly; Michael Muehr, a former PGA Tour Player; Kris Tschetter, Women's British Open 9-Hole Record Holder and Author of “My Life with Ben Hogan;” and Jim Estes, a former PGA Tour and Nationwide Tour player who teed it up in the event with one of several Wounded Warrior foursomes.
The Creighton Farms Invitational was organized between Southworth Development—the owners of Creighton Farms—and the Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation. Money raised by the event will be donated from the Foundation to support pediatric healthcare in the Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C. market. In particular, funds will go toward the newly created Pediatric Specialists of Virginia, a joint venture between Inova and Children’s National Medical Center. In addition to thanking the hard-working staff members at Creighton Farms and Southworth, thanks go to Terlato Wines, Jack Nicklaus Apparel and AHEAD Headwear for their support. And a special thanks to our friends at PeakVision, led by Paul Moore, who fitted all participants with Nicklaus Eyewear.
“Creighton Farms is a special place,” Jack Nicklaus said. “It’s a beautiful property, and Southworth has created a special blend of quality amenities and a comfortable atmosphere for members and residents. I look forward to every opportunity I have to visit Creighton Farms, and enjoy the company of the other residents and members.”
Ground has been broken on a home that is being built for the use of Nicklaus and his family in Creighton Farms. Located in the North Villas section of the community’s Nicklaus Village neighborhood, the home will be located just steps from the Creighton Farms Clubhouse and its award-winning Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course.
The Nicklauses’ home will be located off the 9th green of the Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, annually rated as one of the country’s finest since it was named to Golf Digest’s prestigious list of the 10 Best New Private Golf Courses in 2008. The course was one of only two that year to sweep the “Best New Course” Awards in Golf Digest, Golfweek and Travel + Leisure Golf. The highly customized home will offer stunning views of both the golf course and the rolling hills of the Piedmont area.