Course News & Downloads
- The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide sets giving record to Nationwide Children’s Hospital with $1,875,000 donation
- Two-time Masters champion Bubba Watson, Honda Classic winner Rickie Fowler and major champion Louis Oosthuizen further strengthen Memorial Tournament field
- 40 years later, Jack’s win at the 1977 Memorial still stands as one of the most difficult victories in his iconic career
- 2015 FedExCup Champion Jordan Spieth joins five-time major champion Phil Mickelson and 2013 Memorial Tournament winner Matt Kuchar to compete in the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide
- Major champion Adam Scott joins World No. 10 Justin Thomas and rising star Jon Rahm to compete in the Memorial Tournament presented Nationwide
- Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide sets record donation to Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation and Nationwide Children’s Hospital alliance
- Muirfield Village Golf Club hires Chad Mark as superintendent
- The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide sets new giving record to Nationwide Children’s Hospital with $1,676,500 donation
- 2016 Memorial Tournament Press Conference with Jack Nicklaus
- SkyTrak Golf simulator – featuring Muirfield Village Golf Club’s signature par-3 12th hole – available in Golden Bear Club
- There are no photos for this course.
Muirfield Village Golf Club News
September 25, 2013
The Presidents Cup announces sellout of competition round tickets
Practice round tickets are still available for $44 per day
DUBLIN, Ohio (September 26, 2013) – With less than one week remaining until the Opening Ceremony and Celebration of The Presidents Cup, tournament officials have announced that weekly tickets are officially sold out. Limited tickets to The Presidents Cup practice rounds – Tuesday, October 1, and Wednesday, October 2 – are still available for only $44 each.
Practice round tickets are available via www.presidentscup.com or by calling 888-401-8000. As a reminder, youth 12 and under are admitted free to The Presidents Cup (grounds access only) with a ticketed adult.
“The overwhelming response by ticket buyers is an example of the tremendous support The Presidents Cup has received, both from the Dublin-Columbus region and from golf fans around the world,” said The Presidents Cup Executive Director Matt Kamienski. “The sellout is an indicator of the global growth in popularity of this event. We are excited for fans to experience all the thrilling action of The Presidents Cup at Muirfield Village Golf Club in just a few days.”
Weekly tickets were capped at 35,000 spectators per day.
“Strong backing from the entire central Ohio region, both individuals and corporations, played a major role in propelling the tournament to its sold-out status,” said Dan Sullivan, The Presidents Cup tournament director. “As the excitement builds towards Wednesday’s Opening Ceremony – which sold out just two weeks after it was announced – that support will be on display and lead to a week that all within the community will be able to enjoy.”
Fans are reminded that all general parking for The Presidents Cup is located at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. A continuous shuttle service will be offered daily beginning 30 minutes before gates are scheduled to be open until a minimum of one hour after play has concluded. The Zoo is located at 4850 Powell Road and is accessible off Riverside Drive or Sawmill Road.
Additionally, fans are reminded that no ticket is needed for The Presidents Cup Fan Experience, which offers fans and local residents a place to enjoy food and beverages, entertainment, shopping and a variety of interactive displays throughout tournament week. The Presidents Cup Fan Experience is located on approximately 3 acres just outside the main gates at Muirfield Village Golf Club and is open to the public, with no ticket required.
The Presidents Cup, a team, match-play competition featuring 24 of the world’s top golfers – 12 from the United States and 12 from around the world, excluding Europe – is held every two years, and since 1996 has alternated between United States and international venues. The Presidents Cup was developed to give the world’s best non-European players an opportunity to compete in international team match-play competition. The U.S. Team has won seven of the nine previous Presidents Cups, and the only win by the International Team came at the 1998 event in Melbourne. The Presidents Cup 2003 ended in a tie. Fred Couples is returning as U.S. Team captain in 2013, and fellow World Golf Hall of Fame member Nick Price will lead the International Team.
The Presidents Cup is a unique golf event in that there is no purse or prize money. Players are not paid for their participation, but each competitor allocates an equal portion of the funds generated to charities of his choice. Since the event’s inception, more than $27 million has been raised for charity from event proceeds, as well as contributions made on behalf of The Presidents Cup, including a record charitable donation of $4.5 million from the 2011 event alone.
Citi and Rolex are the exclusive Global Partners of The Presidents Cup.