Course News & Downloads
- The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide sets giving record to Nationwide Children’s Hospital with $1,875,000 donation
- Two-time Masters champion Bubba Watson, Honda Classic winner Rickie Fowler and major champion Louis Oosthuizen further strengthen Memorial Tournament field
- 40 years later, Jack’s win at the 1977 Memorial still stands as one of the most difficult victories in his iconic career
- 2015 FedExCup Champion Jordan Spieth joins five-time major champion Phil Mickelson and 2013 Memorial Tournament winner Matt Kuchar to compete in the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide
- Major champion Adam Scott joins World No. 10 Justin Thomas and rising star Jon Rahm to compete in the Memorial Tournament presented Nationwide
- Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide sets record donation to Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation and Nationwide Children’s Hospital alliance
- Muirfield Village Golf Club hires Chad Mark as superintendent
- The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide sets new giving record to Nationwide Children’s Hospital with $1,676,500 donation
- 2016 Memorial Tournament Press Conference with Jack Nicklaus
- SkyTrak Golf simulator – featuring Muirfield Village Golf Club’s signature par-3 12th hole – available in Golden Bear Club
- There are no photos for this course.
Muirfield Village Golf Club News
March 21, 2013
Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide Insurance expands reach
Cherished event already has raised more than $537,000 in first two years for
Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation and Nationwide Children’s alliance
Major Champion and Memorial Tournament winner, Jim Furyk, to join
Tournament Host and Founder Jack Nicklaus on stage
Held at the Ohio Union on the campus of The Ohio State University in 2012, the second annual Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide Insurance raised a record $275,000 for the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation and Nationwide Children’s Hospital alliance. Guests enjoyed a special conversation with Jack Nicklaus and 2011 Memorial Tournament winner Steve Stricker (right). ESPN golf analyst Andy North moderated the discussion.
Dublin, Ohio – Officials of the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance are proud to announce that the third annual Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide Insurance will be held at noon Wednesday, April 24 at the Ohio Union on the campus of The Ohio State University. In what has swiftly become a cherished and important fundraising event for Central Ohio, the Legends Luncheon brings to life the alliance between the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation and Nationwide Children’s Hospital. All proceeds of the Legends Luncheon directly benefit the young patients treated and cared for each day at Nationwide Children’s.
Guests of the Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide Insurance will experience a unique and entertaining charity event featuring an opportunity to enjoy a rare and special conversation with Memorial Tournament Host and Founder Jack Nicklaus and 2002 Memorial Tournament winner Jim Furyk, whose career achievements also include the 2003 U.S. Open title and the 2010 FedExCup season crown.
“At the foundation of the Memorial Tournament is a tradition of giving back—to the community, to numerous charities, and, most important, to the health and welfare of children,” said Jack Nicklaus, who started the Memorial Tournament in 1976. “That legacy continues to flourish with the alliance formed between the Memorial, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation. This relationship has enabled the Tournament to enhance its support of Nationwide Children’s, and thus advance pediatric care in Central Ohio and beyond.
“Nationwide Insurance parallels the Memorial’s efforts to showcase Central Ohio to the world, raise national awareness for the Hospital and, above all, take care of the young boys and girls that are our world.”
Legends Luncheon presented by Nationwide Insurance annually culminates with a recognition award presented in the name of Jack and Barbara Nicklaus. The “Nicklaus Youth Spirit Award” is given to a young citizen who in some way has demonstrated a strong, driving spirit in overcoming obstacles, an unwavering optimistic outlook, and a strong conviction for their connection to Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
“One of the highlights in the first couple of years of the Legends Luncheon is the opportunity to be inspired by the stories of the courageous boys and girls nominated for this award,” Barbara Nicklaus said. “Last year, we had the honor and pleasure to recognize Beau Hefner, who at the time was just 5 years old but was a year into his personal battle with leukemia. His fight against what he called the ‘cancer bullies’ was emotional yet motivational. His is just one of the many stories we learn about that demonstrates the wonderful things being done by the dedicated staff at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.”
The goal of the Legends Luncheon is to increase awareness of and further advance the incredible care given in the most needed areas of Nationwide Children’s. To that end, this year’s Luncheon will feature an expanded charitable initiative by offering a new level of contribution named the Legends Champion.
“After last year’s successful event, Jack and I challenged our teams and the Legends Luncheon committee members to double the contributions in 2013,” said Steve Rasmussen, Nationwide Insurance CEO. “Their ingenuity in developing the new Legends Champion package opens the door to smaller businesses in the community while generating the much-needed funds for children’s health care.”
The Memorial and Nationwide Insurance have partnered to offer this new level of support that combines the strongest sponsorship elements of the Legends Luncheon paired with additional benefits from other successful Memorial Tournament philanthropic events. The goal is to grow the 2013 Legends Luncheon donation to Nationwide Children’s. The event already has raised $537,000 in its first two years.
“The Legends Luncheon is yet another example of the commitment the Memorial Tournament and Nationwide Insurance have to our hospital and to our patients,” said Steve Allen, MD, chief executive officer of Nationwide Children’s Hospital. “The Luncheon brings together the Columbus business community in support of Nationwide Children’s and allows us to continue providing outstanding pediatric care to the children of Central Ohio and beyond. We appreciate the unwavering support of Jack and Barbara and the commitment from our partners.”
The new level includes:
- One table of 10 at the Legends Luncheon, Wednesday, April 24, 2013
- One VIP package for 10 to the Memorial’s Benefit Concert, Friday, May 10, 2013 at The LC – Life Styles Community Pavilion.
- One twosome within the Memorial Charity Pro-Am at Double Eagle Club, Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- Private reception during Memorial Tournament week attended by PGA TOUR professionals
- Logo and name recognition as a Legends Champion partner at each event.
“The Legends Champion offering has come out of our desire to increase and grow our support of Nationwide Children’s Hospital and its alliance with Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation,” said Memorial Tournament executive director Dan Sullivan. “We are inviting the community to enjoy many of the Memorial’s most valuable assets - the Legends Luncheon, Benefit Concert and Charity pro-am - through one charitable commitment. The support has been tremendous to date and we are looking forward to building on our initial success over the coming months.”
For more information, visit www.thememorialtournament.com/legendsluncheon or call 614-889-6700.