Course News & Downloads
- The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge Scorecard
- PGA TOUR Champions heads to the Pacific Northwest and the spectacular Jack Nicklaus-designed Snoqualmie layout for Boeing Classic
- The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge unveils new name
- Boeing Classic on the PGA TOUR Champions tees off at Jack Nicklaus-designed TPC Snoqualmie Ridge
- Jack Nicklaus-designed TPC Snoqualmie Ridge receives rave reviews as Champions Tour heads to Washington for this week’s Boeing Classic
- Boeing Classic at Jack Nicklaus-designed TPC Snoqualmie Ridge gets its 10th year wings
- Boeing Classic turns 10, will remain at Jack Nicklaus-Designed TPC Snoqualmie Ridge
- Blake wins playoff for Boeing Classic Title
- Champions Tour visits the Pacific Northwest and the Golden Bear’s layout at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge
- TPC at Snoqualmie Ridge Now Open to Resort Guests
- West Coast Swing kicks off with the second Boeing Greater Seattle Classic
- There are no photos for this course.
The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge News
August 23, 2012
Champions Tour visits the Pacific Northwest and the Golden Bear’s layout at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge
The Champions Tour makes its way to the Jack Nicklaus-designed TPC at Snoqualmie Ridge outside of Seattle, with this week’s eighth annual Boeing Classic. A full field of 81 tees off Friday, highlighted by defending champion Mark Calcavecchia, who last year birdied the first playoff hole to defeat Russ Cochran for his first win on the Champions Tour. Other stars vying for the $2 million purse, include Michael Allen, Fred Couples, and Bernhard Langer.
The winner must master a 7,264-yard, par-72 layout that has generous, receptive fairways, but a design that puts a premium on the approach shot on each hole—all in a spectacular Pacific Northwest mountain setting.
“I believe whenever possible, golf should be played at a pretty place,” said Nicklaus. “If I can design a course to accomplish that and still create some great holes, so much the better. Here we took the aesthetics and the view lines and tied them together very well.”
“(The Boeing Classic) offers just such a tremendous opportunity for exciting golf from the players' perspective but also from the spectators' perspective,” said Champions Tour President Mike Stevens. “The tournament staff has done a marvelous job of capturing those unique opportunities around the golf course that give the spectators a great vantage point of some exciting golf. The Boeing Classic is truly one of our best.”
Snoqualmie Ridge is one of six Jack Nicklaus-designed layouts featured on the 2012 Champions Tour schedule. Close to 25 percent of the Champions Tour events this year, including two of the senior major championships, are played on Nicklaus courses.
Snoqualmie Ridge is no stranger to recognition. One year after the course opened for play (1999), it was voted the best course in the Washington State Golf Course Rankings, and the 14th hole was ranked the best par 4 in Washington and the second-best golf hole in the state overall.
Vying for a $300,000 first-place prize and 300 Charles Schwab Cup points, the full field includes:
Tommy Armour III
Jay Don Blake
Jim Gallagher, Jr.
P.H. Horgan III
Chien Soon Lu
Tom Pernice Jr.
Lance Ten Broeck