Course News & Downloads
- St Mellion, Gleneagles recognized by Today’s Golfer
- St Mellion, first Jack Nicklaus course in Europe, celebrates 25 years
- St Mellion Nominated in World Travel Awards
- St Mellion's Mike Bush awarded elite status of "Master Greenkeeper"
- Top Local Course Manager in England recognized
- St Mellion is back among Europe’s top golf resorts
- St. Mellion's Nicklaus course in Cornwall, England, lives up to the legacy of the Golden Bear
- Top 100 ranking for St Mellion
- There are no photos for this course.
St. Mellion Hotel Golf & Country Club News
February 8, 2012
St Mellion's Mike Bush awarded elite status of "Master Greenkeeper"
Mike Bush, Course Manager at the St Mellion International Resort in Saltash, Cornwall—the first Jack Nicklaus-designed course in the UK—has been awarded Master Greenkeeper status by The British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA).
Bush becomes only the 57th greenkeeper in the World to be able to use the ‘Master Greenkeeper’ designation and, at only 35 years of age, Bush is also one of the youngest to receive the award (since it was instigated in 1991).
Bush has worked at St Mellion International Resort for 15 years. He began his career as an assistant greenkeeper before going to college in Scotland. He was then promoted to Deputy Course Manager in 1998 and has been the Course Manager for the last 8 years.
“Mike has worked extremely hard to become a Master Greenkeeper,” said Stephen Lewis, Chief Executive Officer of Crown Golf, owner of St Mellion. It is a tremendous accolade and at such a young age too. We are truly delighted that the industry is recognising him and we know that the two courses at St Mellion will continue to benefit from Mike’s skill and care for many years to come.”
Commenting on the award, Bush said: “It’s a great privilege to have worked at St Mellion for so long and my team has received great support. I am delighted to have achieved Master Greenkeeper and I am looking forward to picking up the award in January.”
The St Mellion International Resort where Bush works boasts 36 holes of championship-standard golf. The Jack Nicklaus Signature Course was the first to be designed in the UK by the Golden Bear, and the new Kernow Course was only opened last June.