Electronic Arts Inc. (EA Sports) has announced that fans will be able to battle nine of the greatest golf legends of all time, including Jack Nicklaus, in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 14. The all-new game mode, Legends of the Majors, gives players a chance to travel back through time and relive the rich history of golf by matching up against the sport’s greatest legends, including the Golden Bear, Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Bob Jones, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Sam Snead, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods. Players can work their way through these legends in various eras and take each of them down to earn their own seat at the table of golf legends.
Hoisting the Claret Jug, chasing Jack’s record of 18 major victories, and slipping on the coveted Green Jacket are now all within a player’s reach. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 users, for the first time in franchise history, have a chance to go for winning the “Grand Slam” by playing historical events in all four majors, the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship—a feat Nicklaus accomplished three times during his storied career.
The game goes on sale in North America on March 26 and worldwide on March 28, for both the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support for the Kinect™ for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Move.
Features in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 include:
- More Championship Courses – Featuring Jack Nicklaus-designed Muirfield Village Golf Club, Augusta National Golf Club, the Old Course at St. Andrews, and Pinehurst No. 2 Restored. This year’s game features the most courses ever offered on disc—a total of 20 courses.
- Huge Player Roster – A robust roster of more than 35 playable golfers, representing both the PGA TOUR and LPGA, are featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. Compete against legends of the game and present-day stars, including Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley, Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson and Paula Creamer.
- Look the Part – Step to the tee box on the game’s historic courses, experience unique era-specific gameplay visual treatments, wear classic attire and use equipment from golf’s rich history, as you travel through time rewriting the record books with your own legacy.
- Make Way for the Ladies – Another new feature to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise is the introduction of the LPGA. Female-created golfers can now compete on the LPGA and attempt to become a major champion by winning the Kraft Nabisco Championship. There are five playable LPGA golfers, including 2012 Rolex Player of the Year Stacy Lewis.
- Golf Anytime in Any Condition – For the first time in franchise history, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 features night golf. Tee it up after the sun goes down and watch your drives streak through the night skies with an illuminated ball. In addition, new time-of-day settings allow fans to play golf in any condition at any time of day in conjunction with a live weather feed.
- Members Only – Country Clubs are back and better than ever with the ability to invite up to 100 members, chat online, hold tournaments and track statistics to create the ultimate competitive environment.
- Customize Your Swing – With 24 unique golfer swing styles available, you now have the ability to customize the type of golfer you want to be. Advanced shot-shaping, enhanced strike meter and ball physics have all been improved to reflect a real-world golfing experience.
- Never Play Alone – A new online experience allows you to play with up to 24 competitors at a time, while an all-new dynamic stat tracking system feeds live data from the entire tournament field and makes you feel as if you’re in the mix of a real event.
More information about Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14: The Masters Historic Edition will be coming soon.
The first game details, pre-order offers and downloadable content information for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 were released on the EA SPORTS Tiger Woods PGA TOUR website, with additional details to be released in the weeks leading up to the game launch.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is developed in Orlando, Fla., by EA Tiburon and will retail for $59.99. Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 will be participating in the EA SPORTS Season Ticket program. Season Ticket subscribers will be provided full digital access to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 three days before retail launch.
To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14: The Masters Historic Edition please visit www.easports.com/golf. For in-game assets, go to easports.com. Watch the trailer for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14.